The Bright Ideas Competition is an annual idea competition for economic development practitioners of all experience levels. It is designed to give economic developers from across Ontario the opportunity to develop a modern response to proposed topics, have the work evaluated and receive 5 professional certification points towards your designation.
Join your fellow colleagues and team up to take on one of today’s prominent economic development challenges. Propose a modern solution in a risk-free working environment and help create a resource that will better improve our economic development community.
2023 Competition Topics
The 2023 Bright Ideas Competition participant groups will develop a topic of their own choosing. This topic should aim to develop an innovative solution to an issue or struggle that municipalities in Ontario are facing. Below is a list of guiding principles that your topic should aim to meet:
Your group will need to submit a short proposal document (less than 1000 words) that outlines the following:
· Covid-19: Disaster Preparedness & Economic Resilience
· Tackling Diversity in the Economic Development Profession
· Post Covid-19 Tourism Recovery
· Coping with Housing and Commercial Real Estate Demand
· Building Better Communities through Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
2023 Important Dates