The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville
invites applications for the position of
Co-ordinator, Marketing and Projects
Community Services Department
(Full-time position, 35 hours per week)
The Town has an opportunity available for the position of Co-ordinator, Marketing and Projects with the Economic Development and Culture division of the Community Services Department. This position assists with developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies to promote Economic Development/Small Business Enterprise Centre (SBEC) initiatives and events. This position supports implementation of special projects and ongoing initiatives, including cultural and tourism projects.
- Researching and writing business development stories, articles, advertising copy, promotional materials, and other related materials to support the economic development, tourism, and cultural programs of the municipality; drafting reports as required; maintaining and updating Town website content; and completing outreach and promotion through the Town’s social media.
- Assisting with special projects, programs and events that support business attraction, retention, expansion, as well as tourism and cultural initiatives; researching program and funding opportunities; and working with local groups.
- Preparing marketing, presentations, and other related materials; and working with staff to co-ordinate workshops, events, trade shows, and other annual functions through the year.
- Maintaining business and tourism statistics and completing data analysis to produce departmental studies, reports and community profile information.
- Assisting in the delivery of SBEC programs, including business registration services; and advising businesses on government regulations, support programs for business development, and information on business start-up and operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Communications, Business, Economics, Marketing, Public Administration, or a related discipline.
- One (1) to three (3) years of current work experience with a demonstrated knowledge in developing, researching, writing, and editing marketing and communication materials, including web content management and social media.
- Previous experience in an Economic Development office and a municipal government environment is preferred.
- Experience with InDesign or other relevant design/desktop publishing is an asset.
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Constant Contact, and Microsoft CRM.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal; strong research, analytical, organizational, and customer service skills; and ability to serve as office representative at specific events, programs, and meetings.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and evenings.
- Ontario Class G licence and access to a reliable vehicle for business purposes.
Salary Range: $54,181.40 to $63,408.80, Band 7 on the Town’s 2021 Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, March 29, 2021. Applications may be submitted online or submitted in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Learn more here: https://orangeville.applicantstack.com/x/openings