Job Title: Manager, Economic Development (Permanent Full-Time) Closing Date: April 18, 2021; 11:59 pm
Town of Caledon is a dynamic municipality that successfully balances urban, rural and agricultural communities. Our energetic staff are guided by our core values that create an environment for continuous improvement and customer service excellence.
In addition to offering exciting career opportunities, the Town also provides a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Come see how you can make a difference.
Reporting directly to the Director, Customer Service and Communications, the Manager is responsible for managing the Town’s economic development team including the Tourism and Culture office. This role leads the development and implementation of the Town of Caledon’s economic development strategy, programs and projects, ensuring that Caledon is investment-ready. As the Manager, Economic Development, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with business associations and other partners for economic and community wellbeing
- Provide advice and present reports to Council, and the senior leadership team regarding economic development initiatives and tourism, including identification of issues and trends of strategic importance
- Develop and oversee the implementation and communication plan for the Economic Development Strategy; collaborate with Town staff and other agencies on the execution of the strategy consistent with the Council Workplan
- Develop and implement marketing programs for the promotion of the Town as an attractive location for new and expanding businesses; advise and assist existing businesses with business expansion strategies
COVID-19: In consideration of the current pandemic and Public Health orders, the Town of Caledon is providing limited in-person services as Town Hall is open to the public by appointment only. The successful candidate for Manager, Economic Development will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
The Ideal Candidate
The Town of Caledon is seeking an enthusiastic Economic Development professional who is results driven and has a hands-on approach, as well as the expertise to lead a team into success within a rapidly growing municipality. We are looking for somebody:
- DYNAMIC: A professional with a fresh perspective, able to adapt with continuous growth and change
- MOTIVATED: An inspired manager eager to achieve
- ENGAGED: An interactive leader with an action-oriented mentality
We are seeking a professional with a training and knowledge in the above duties, normally acquired from a post-secondary degree or diploma in Economic Development, Business or Planning, or closely related field. Our ideal candidate has 5 - 7 years experience in a related field and 3 - 7 years related leadership or supervisory experience. Membership in the Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC), with certified Economic Development (Ec.D) designation is a strong asset.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of business finance/economics, local government decision-making processes and overall municipal policies and practices, as well as an understanding of real estate principles, marketing; public affairs; and a diverse municipality – urban, rural, agricultural. We are seeking an individual with superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment and an emphasis on customer contact/relations. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to manage staff within the division and proven commitment to excellence in municipal government.
This position offers a salary range of $98,287.28– $121,375.95 plus a competitive benefit package.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
How to Apply
To learn more about employment with the Town of Caledon and to apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, visit: www.caledon.ca/careers
If needed and upon request, this document can be made available in an alternative format.