CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Temporary Non-Unionized opportunity in the
Economic and Cultural Development Department for an experienced and motivated individual
JOB # J0321-01232
Vaughan is a city on the move. With a downtown core rising from the ground – the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, a state-of-the-art hospital opening its doors in 2021 – the Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and a bustling subway, exciting projects are transforming the community. Be a part of something amazing and build your career at the City of Vaughan.
The City of Vaughan is an equal opportunity employer serving one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Canada, we are an organization committed to diversity and inclusivity, providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork are fostered. As one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2021, we continuously employ workplace best-practices – and they’re getting noticed! Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Reporting to the Manager of Small Business and Entrepreneurship in the Economic and Cultural Development Department, responsible for the coordination, implementation, and delivery of Vaughan Business Enterprise Centre (VBEC) entrepreneurship programs, including those supported by the Province of Ontario/Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs. The Coordinator attracts participants and delivers programming by working with stakeholders, internal departments, program speakers, mentors, trainers, and program participants. The successful candidate will assist entrepreneurs with program applications through business consulting, including business planning, responding to business inquiries, providing advise on business structure, and various resources available to entrepreneurs, and assists with business registrations. They administer, organize and provide training and mentorship including, but not limited to, organizing seminars and events, delivering training, publicizing program schedules, booking resources as required, maintaining appropriate data and contact information for each participant, and the preparation of program related reports, briefing notes, and memos.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economic Development or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience. Experience with program or event implementation is an asset.
- Knowledge and/or experience in governmental organizations.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal knowledgeably and courteously with the general public and staff.
- Experience with proposal development and implementation.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated ability in, the City’s core competencies and relevant functional competencies
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please visit our website to apply online by Friday April 9th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised, the City of Vaughan uses email to communicate with applicants for open job competitions.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.