WindsorEssex Small Business Centre operates as a department of the WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation (WE EDC). Belonging to a network of offices that serve Ontario's small business community, the Small Business Centre has provided thousands of entrepreneurs with the training and support necessary to start and grow successful businesses.
As a member of the Small Business Centre, the Business Advisor is responsible for providing direct support, motivation and assistance to new entrepreneurs in the startup and early growth stage of business development as well as supporting existing businesses. In this hands-on role, the Business Advisor is challenged to analyze situations, make recommendations, and educate clients with regard to business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management, business structures, and other matters relevant to starting and operating a business. The Advisor promotes entrepreneurship through the delivery of business-related seminars, community outreach activities, and collaboration with community partners.
- Provide one-on-one consultation and guidance to entrepreneurs and business owners regarding business planning and development including information regarding government programs, regulations and all requirements relevant to starting and operating a business
- Analyze situations, make recommendations and educate clients with regard to business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management, and business structures
- Deliver business information, tools and resources to entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Proactively develop and deliver high quality business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community
- Develop specific and relevant areas of expertise within the arena of business development and apply this knowledge through new training programs, consulting tools, research projects, and other business assistance programs
- Identify opportunities to support the Small Business Centre to effectively meet targets and goals
- Seek and apply for grants relevant to entrepreneurship and business development
- Initiate co-sponsorship of programs with private businesses and other community stakeholders
- Document activities via the Client Information System in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner
- Maintain adequate flies as per the Small Business Centre, Ministry and WE EDC guidelines
- University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or other relevant education
- 3 to 5 years of experience in business, community relations or project management
- Experience in small business sector and previous entrepreneurial experience an asset
- Thorough knowledge in the area of business planning preparation, market analysis, financial planning and forecasting, small business needs, business start-up procedures and government and private sector programs and services available to assist small business is required
- Highly motivated, creative, and responsive with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management System is an asset
- Must be client focused and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to conduct client consultations and seminar presentations
- Required from time to time to assume and take on accountabilities, responsibilities and tasks of other team members to support WE EDC’s initiatives and overall success
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required to deliver programs
- Multilingualism/Bilingualism (French) considered an asset
Qualified individuals should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by April 11, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation during the recruitment process is available for job applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We are taking every precaution to keep our employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic with strict protocols in place.