INVESTMENT MANAGER - SUSTAINABLE MANUFACTURING
The Investment Manager is responsible for attraction, business growth and retention and associated deliverables in the sustainable manufacturing sector. The Integrated Economic Development Strategy identifies sustainable manufacturing as a priority sector which includes advanced manufacturing, food processing and material & process innovation.
- Lead the identification of potential businesses of interest, high quality attraction opportunities, and manage the development of lead opportunities in the sustainable manufacturing sector.
- Meet with Kingston’s sustainable manufacturing businesses to identify areas for growth, challenges to retention, opportunities for investment, synergies between strategic partners and business to business leads, both internally and externally.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience creating targeted plans and tactics to proactively generate leads and complete work required to convert business leads to investments through the full sales cycle.
- Demonstrated ability and experience identifying business opportunities and challenges, developing strategies and programs to support existing sustainable manufacturing businesses with business retention and expansion efforts
- 10+ years experience in sales, business, project management and program delivery in business environment and/or economic development providing service excellence.
- Leader with experience managing projects, engaging stakeholders to identify areas for growth, challenges to retention, opportunities for investment, synergies between strategic partners and familiar with government funding programs.
- Collaborative, supportive team player with a passion for success and growth. Strong relationship building skills and experience with deep industry knowledge and connections.
- Strategic minded, analytical thinker with advanced consultation and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of facilitating local and external partnerships and supporting investment and funding requests to government and private funders.
- Previous involvement acting as a liaison/facilitator between businesses, leads, government, agencies, and associations.
- Strong presentation skills, proposal preparation, management of funding programs and budget management experience.
- Knowledge/familiarity with the economy in Eastern Ontario and Kingston.
- Advanced sustainable manufacturing sector knowledge and regional stakeholders.
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field.
- Proficient in a second language (French preferred) is considered an asset. (Detailed Job description Available on request).
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to Brenda Palmer at: Brenda@palmercareers.com 613-389-1108
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview shall be contacted.