Economic Development, Manager, Trade & Investment
Salary Range: $95.230 - $112.030
Reporting to the Associate Director of Economic Development, the Manager, Trade & Investment is responsible for the development and implementation of a Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) strategy focused on key existing and emerging sectors of Niagara’s economy, to support the generation of jobs and economic growth in the Region. The Manager will prepare an Annual Work Plan and administer a budget, endorsed by Regional Council to implement that Work Plan.
The successful candidate has:
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Economic Development, and Public Administration, Economics or equivalent related field of study.
- Master’s degree level in Business Administration, Economic Development, and Public Administration, Economics or equivalent related field of study is preferred.
- 8 years progressive experience within Economic Development that has preferably involved foreign direct investment (FDi), business development, marketing and promotion, or related disciplines.
- Working towards a Certified Economic Developer designation.
- Trade & Investment: Develops a sector-based targeted FDi strategy and targeted initiatives aimed at specific sectors and geographies where Niagara has a competitive advantage
- FDi Strategic Initiatives. Develops a strategic FDi Annual Work Plan, while maintaining a high level of knowledge and understanding of Niagara’s business/industry environment; its available resources; and, possible initiatives that will support sector development
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application to job opening # 27972 no later than May 9, 2021 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.