County Administration Buildings
TOURISM DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Hastings County has an opening for one (1) permanent full time Tourism Development Coordinator position. This is a non-union position and reports to the Economic and Tourism Development Manager. The Tourism Development Coordinator’s prime function is to work closely with member municipalities, local accommodators and attractions to facilitate the development and expansion of tourism opportunities (experiences and products) with the objective of enticing visitors to stay longer, enhance their economic impact and identify Hastings County as a desirable destination to relocate to and invest in.
- In collaboration with Department staff, coordinate the County’s destination development initiatives and implementation of tourism development plans and strategies; and prepare reports, make recommendations/presentations and conduct committee and other group updates in support of destination development activities.
- Collect and analyze demographic information to profile the County’s target market(s) (ideal guest) in support of destination development and identify where investment is needed to increase visitation and strengthen existing travel and investment opportunities.
- Maintain productive working relationships with local accommodators, businesses, tourism partners and local assets, and facilitate connections/relationships among these groups to create a strong network. This includes facilitating and supporting local businesses and organizations seeking to establish or expand purchasable tourism experiences within Hastings County and help connect them to funding opportunities and other partners to implement.
- Liaise and collaborate with the Small Business Centre, Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Organization, Community Futures Development Corporations Chambers of Commerce and other organizations on the development of business training and development opportunities tailored to the local tourism industry.
- Ensure initiatives and programs are effectively communicated to all stakeholders including the County’s Planning and Development Committee.
- Maintain databases and compile and analyze data, statistics and other relevant research materials that track and benefit tourism development strategies.
- Help prepare Requests for Proposals, obtain quotes, and negotiate with vendors to obtain appropriate value for Hastings County’s marketing dollars.
- At the direction of the Economic and Tourism Development Manager, assist in the implementation of various initiatives and direction as required by the County Planning and Development committee or County Council.
- Serve as a County representative at related events and engagements as required.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks related to economic and tourism development activities as required by the Director of Planning and Development and/or Economic and Tourism Development Manager, including, but not limited to, the development of budgets, reports, invoices; and maintain files of relevant resource materials, client records, tourism development related financial transactions and other confidential information.
- Field inquiries from the general public related to tourism development activities.
- Maintain good/positive relations with tourism industry stakeholders both private and public, tourism associations and/or related sectoral organizations and appropriate affiliated provincial and federal government contacts.
- Assist and provide some support to County tourism marketing efforts as required and assigned.
- Be aware of and follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and County policies.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by the Manager of Economic and Tourism Development and/or the Director of Planning and Development.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Planning, Economic Development, tourism, public relations or related field.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in developing and implementing economic, tourism and/or community development strategies and projects within a public sector or private sector setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of Hastings’ tourism industry and culture as well as familiarity with key industry leaders.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows applications and social networking sites.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Valid “G” driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Salary Range: $55,034-$64,366 per annum, with excellent fringe benefits
Please send resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote: 2021-NON-GG-161 – “Your Name” in the subject line CLOSING DATE: Friday, June 25, 2021 by 4pm
Juliana Alvarez-Molina Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.