MDB Insight has built a reputation as Canada’s premiere economic development, workforce development, and market research consulting firm. Founded in 2007, we specialize in providing innovative and actionable economic development strategies, strategic plans, investment attraction and marketing solutions, and best-in-class market research that create real-world impact for our clients. We have worked extensively with communities across Canada.
Our mission is to help people and places thrive in the 21st century economy. Join our team and be committed to improving the world around us, one community at a time! For full details about MDB Insight visit our website at www.mdbinsight.com.
The Consultant works with and supports staff and Project Leads in project work, project management, and business development activities. This requires a talent for analytical thinking and researching data to help inform and ground the firm’s project work in evidence and insight. This role will include identification of relevant data requirements and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data secured from primary surveying and secondary research. Subsequent data modeling and predictive analysis will inform recommendations to clients. The Consultant’s work will contribute to effective and efficient completion of projects and innovative approaches that support the firm’s clients’ sustainability and competitiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Consultant
- Consultants have a defined pathway to move to advanced performance and opportunity, commensurate with increasing remuneration. A demonstrated responsibility related to performance, communication, leadership, and project management skills is required. An advanced level of analysis, critical thinking, and research that leads to comprehensive identification of themes, priorities and actions that are grounded in evidence and clearly communicated is required. This is then presented through effective and clear written and oral communication through report writing and presentations.
- Performance will reflect the following capabilities:
- Comfort, confidence, and ability to communicate directly with clients, sub-consultants and project stakeholders as required.
- Informing and guiding primary and secondary research in a wide range of fields related to economic development, strategic planning, workforce development, market research, and other core areas of business, and synthesizing findings that contribute to project outcomes and deliverables.
- Communicating clear direction to support staff working on the project to maximize time commitment, prepare relevant data, analysis, and report content.
- Ensuring all assigned project tasks are completed in a comprehensive manner, checked for accuracy, and delivered on schedule.
- Informing and completing tasks associated with community engagement methodologies and, where applicable, undertaking stakeholder facilitation exercises as lead facilitator.
- Uncovering relevant linkages between research and project goals and interpreting project directions based on those findings.
- Generating report content including the development of thematic assessments, research narrative, statistical discussions, and appendix materials.
As the ideal candidate, you have a combination of the following:
- 2-4 years relevant experience with a demonstrated record of achievement; experience in a municipality/government/consulting setting is an asset.
- Direct experience in research, and strategy development
- Knowledge of available data sources (Stats Canada, Canadian Business Counts etc.)
- Experience in economic development and its related disciplines is a strong asset
Remuneration will be determined based on skills, knowledge, and experience. Employees are eligible to participate in professional development and profit-sharing programs after 12 months.
The application deadline for this position: July 26, 2021 at 4 p.m. ET.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a detailed résumé and cover letter outlining their interest in the position to: Ms. Chandra Halko, Office Manager, MDB Insight Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org.