EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Manager of Community Economic Development
Reporting to the General Manager of Community & Corporate Services, the successful applicant is responsible for providing advice and guidance to develop and shape the Town’s economic development strategies and programs. Working closely with community stakeholders and other Town departments, the Manager will promote economic development, identify obstacles to economic development and make recommendations to Council on evidence-based policies, by-laws and procedures.
- Manage the development and implementation of economic strategies, policies, programs, investment attraction, business retention and expansion, partnerships and funding opportunities
- Provide professional economic development advice, assistance and support to Town Council and Committees, senior staff and community stakeholders including the BIA, the agricultural and natural resources sector, and act as the contact for economic development inquiries
- Provide supervisory and managerial oversight to all staff in the Economic Development and Communications service area as required
- University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a municipal environment
- Excellent administrative, leadership, analytical, research, organizational, time management, report writing and public speaking skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders, including industry and government officials and community leaders
$ 38.49-42.76/hour, based on 35 hours/week
Interested applicants should forward a resume and cover letter marked Manager of Community Economic Development File # 21-2021, no later than August 13, 2021 at noon to:
- Town of Greater Napanee
- 124 John Street, P.O. Box 97, Napanee, Ontario K7R 3L4
- Attention: Michelle King
- Or email@example.com
The Town of Greater Napanee is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We accept all resumes, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be acknowledged. Personal information contained in your resume is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used strictly for employment assessment purposes.