My Main Street is a new initiative to revitalize and maintain inclusive, vibrant main streets anchoring communities across Southern Ontario. My Main Street is a project of the Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) and the Canadian Urban Institute (CUI) and will be delivered in partnership with Ontario municipalities.
This is a 24-month full- time contract position starting in September 2021. The Program Manager, Business Development will work remotely from anywhere in Southern Ontario, with regular in- person meetings and travel within the province. The Program Manager, Business Development will report to the Director, My Main Street Accelerator as a member of the leadership team, and will hire and manage a small group of program coordinators.
If you care about the success of people, businesses, and communities, if you love spreadsheets, and if you have the optimism and persistence to create and execute a brand new initiative, please apply!
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $80,000 - $90,000
PROGRAM PLANNING, MEASUREMENT & EVALUATION
- Build and manage the Business Development Program components of My Main Street, including business startup supports, market research assistance and funding supports.
- Develop key performance indicators for all program components, identifying targets and evaluation methods.
- Maintain a project plan for all components of the Business Development Program.
- Continuously ensure quality assurance through ongoing feedback and program review.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT & PARTNER ENGAGEMENT
- Build and manage relationships with program delivery partners and municipalities.
- Explore new strategic partnerships that can be developed to support the delivery of My Main Street.
ANALYTICS & REPORTING
- Manage analytics and reporting associated with the delivery of support programs for main street businesses.
- Accurately analyze all data sets and provide monthly reporting dashboard for the team and partners.
MANAGE & LEAD TEAM
- Manage and lead a team of program coordinators focused on supporting the delivery of the Business Development Program.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and leadership to staff to ensure high-functioning client relations, service delivery and partner engagement skills are hallmarks of My Main Street.
3 - 5 years of experience in Project or Program Management, keeping a complex program moving on time and on budget (PMP designation an asset)
Experience in developing and delivering programming for small businesses
Experience in program development, measurement, and evaluation
Experience managing multiple stakeholders and relationships
High- performing team management and coaching skills, with a good understanding of and commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Previous experience in a sales role and sales or marketing environment is an asset
Experience working with small businesses and/ or a BIA (Business Improvement Area) is an asset
Flexibility and adaptability as priorities evolve and change
University or college education or equivalent experience
French or other additional language is an asset
My Main Street is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity in our recruitment process and our work environment. We are looking for outstanding candidates who will contribute to a culture of purposeful collaboration.
Please send your resume and a cover letter showing how you meet the Position Profile to email@example.com by August 24, 2021. Please note Program Manager, Business Development in the Subject line.
Download a PDF version of this ad here.