My Main Street is a new initiative to revitalize and maintain inclusive, vibrant main streets anchoring communities across Southern Ontario. My Main Street is a project of the Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) and the Canadian Urban Institute (CUI ) and will be delivered in partnership with Ontario municipalities.
This is a 24-month full- time contract position starting in September 2021. The Marketing Manager will work remotely from anywhere in Southern Ontario, with occasional meetings and travel within the province. The Marketing Manager will report to the Director, My Main Street Accelerator as a member of the leadership team, and will hire and manage a small group of marketing coordinators.
If you care about the success of people, businesses, and communities if you are a natural connector and communicator, and if you have the optimism and persistence to create and execute a brand new initiative, please join us!
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $80,000 - $90,000
BRAND & STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
- Build and refine the My Main Street brand into a recognized source of thought leadership for community economic development and main street revitalization.
- Develop and deploy a marketing strategy focused on engaging community partners and main street businesses to leverage My Main Street programming and resources.
- Create online and print collateral and assets including presentations, brochures, articles, infographics, short videos, and success stories.
CHANNEL DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Oversee the development and management of the My Main Street web platform and client relationship management (CRM) system.
- Identify, develop, and manage marketing channels to support My Main Street, including, but not l limited to social media, e-newsletter(s), website, channel partners and local media.
- Develop original content and source secondary content from program partners for marketing and communication purposes.
- Manage engagement with media and leverage media relations and earned media to promote My Main Street locally and provincially.
ANALYTICS & REPORTING
- Manage analytics and reporting with My Main Street marketing channels.
- Continually monitor all relevant social campaign data/ metrics to ensure effective performance.
- Provide regular reports, insights, and analysis to track ROI on marketing investments.
- Accurately analyze all data sets and provide monthly reporting dashboard for the team and partners.
MANAGE & LEAD TEAM
- Manage and lead a small team of marketing coordinators to support the delivery of My Main Street.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and leadership to staff to ensure high-functioning client relations, service delivery and partner engagement skills are hallmarks of My Main Street.
- 5 years experience in marketing and communications, leading marketing and branding strategy, and implementing communications and marketing plans
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and relationships
- High- performing team management and coaching skills, with a good understanding of and commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity
- Experience and knowledge of Word Press platform, as well as basic HTML & CSS
- Graphic design experience (Photoshop, In Design, Adobe Suite or equivalent). Video editing skills would be an asset.
- Experience working with a CRM / Marketing Automation Platform (Hub Spot, Eloqua, or similar)
- Analytics expertise: an intimate knowledge of attribution, marketing, and web analytics
- Excellent understanding of cross channel impacts and how to track campaign effectiveness and attribute brand initiatives
- Writing, editing skills including adaptation to suit a variety of formats and audiences
- Experience in event planning and delivery
- Flexibility and adaptability as priorities evolve and change
- University or College education or equivalent experience
- French or another additional language would be an asset
- Familiarity with economic development principles would be an asset
My Main Street is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity in our recruitment process and our work environment. We are looking for outstanding candidates who will contribute to a culture of purposeful collaboration.
Please send your resume and a cover letter showing how you meet the Position Profile as well as samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 24, 2021. Please note Marketing Manager in the subject line.
Download a PDF version of this ad here.