The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville
invites applications for the position of
Co-ordinator, Small Business Enterprise Centre
Community Services Department
(Full-time position, 35 hours per week)
The Town of Orangeville has an opportunity available for the position of Co-ordinator, Small Business Enterprise Centre (SBEC) within the Town’s Community Services Department, Economic Development and Culture Division. This position promotes business development, expansion, and retention by co-ordinating the Town’s Small Business Enterprise Centre, while assisting with the development and implementation of economic development initiatives.
- Providing information, referrals, and counselling to prospective and existing businesses.
- Co-ordinating special projects, implementing and delivering initiatives and key SBEC programs geared towards fostering economic development, business expansion and retention.
- Developing, promoting and delivering events, presentations and workshops; collaborating with partners for sponsorship as warranted.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with community organizations, committees, and staff to support the Small Business Enterprise Centre and the Economic Development Office.
- Maintaining business development statistics; conducting research as needed; completing data analysis and reports as required; and assisting in preparation of reports and presentations to organizations, committees and Council.
- Contributing to marketing and promotional programs to support business development in the Town, creating informational materials as needed.
- Providing input into the annual operating budget for the Economic Development office, drafting funding proposals, and participating in partnership outreach for revenue generation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Administration, or a closely related discipline.
- A certificate in Economic Development is considered an asset.
- A minimum of three to four years’ current work experience, with demonstrated knowledge of small business and economic development related regulations, programs and services.
- Experience counselling prospective and existing business owners.
- Background in business development, public relations, marketing, and liaising with various levels of government, community organizations, members of the business community and other stakeholders.
- Previous experience in an Economic Development office and municipal government environment is preferred.
- Excellent judgment, research, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience writing and editing marketing and communications materials.
- Project management skills to manage projects within timelines and budget.
- Computer skills, including use Microsoft Office, and Microsoft CRM.
- Valid Ontario Class G license and access to a vehicle for business purposes
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check, including but not limited to a Criminal Record Check.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional need for evening work as required to attend/facilitate meetings, workshops, and events.
Salary Range: $75,912.20 to $88,816.00, Band 10 on the Town’s 2021 Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. Applications may be submitted online or submitted in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.
To select the best candidates to serve the Town of Orangeville and its people, several screening tools, including Police Record Checks are required as part of the hiring process for some employment or volunteer positions. When requested, applicants are required to provide a Police Record Check as a condition of their offer of employment. Police Record Checks must be dated within three (3) months of the employment offer to be considered valid. The specific type of Police Record Check required will be indicated in the job posting qualifications.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.