My Main Street is an initiative to revitalize and maintain inclusive, vibrant main streets anchoring communities across Southern Ontario. My Main Street is a project of the Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) and the Canadian Urban Institute (CUI) and will be delivered in partnership with Ontario municipalities.
The My Main Street Local Business Accelerator is seeking a number of Market Research Specialists. This is a 15-month full-time contract position starting in November 2021. Each Market Research Specialist will work remotely from anywhere in Southern Ontario, with regular in-person meetings and travel within the province. Reporting to the Director, My Main Street Local Business Accelerator, the Market Research Specialist will deliver customized primary and secondary market research and data analysis to Main Street neighborhoods and small businesses across Southern Ontario.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE:$60,000 - $70,000
Market Research and Data Analysis
- Work with our partners, leading Canadian research firms, to deliver primary and secondary research and insights to My Main Street neighbourhoods and small businesses.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret complex data sets including demographics and characteristics of the neighbouring community, the gaps in the retail mix for the main street, and the market potential for Main Street neighbourhoods and local small businesses.
- Generate reports to provide insights to inform delivery partners and small businesses with market potential and growth opportunities.
- Support the successful delivery of various program components.
- Work with the team to ensure quality assurance through ongoing feedback and program review.
- Coordinate with team members on the delivery of the program components as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Relationship Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- In collaboration with Main Street Ambassadors, manage and coordinate relationships with participating neighborhoods and small businesses.
- Prepare and present PowerPoint presentations to effectively communicate research results to communities and small businesses.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and assist in identifying needs and recommended solutions from datasets and reports.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience (or equivalent summer experience) in data management, manipulation, interpretation, and analysis.
- University or College education or equivalent experience.
- Effectively synthesize complex or diverse information. Use sound judgement to complement data-based insight, supporting and explaining the reasoning for decisions.
- Expertise in all Microsoft applications as well as facility with other software applications including data analytics software.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate, comprehensible, professional-quality data analytical reports.
- Ability to create and deliver informative, compelling presentations that capture and keep the audience’s attention – both in person and via Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to thrive in and contribute to an integrated and collaborative team environment and to apply a positive team approach to working with colleagues.
- Experience in program coordination, measurement, and evaluation.
- Flexibility and adaptability as priorities evolve and change.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with a CRM tool (i.e. HubSpot) is an asset.
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a BIA (Business Improvement Area) is an asset.
- French or other additional language is an asset.
My Main Street is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity in our recruitment process and our work environment. We are looking for outstanding candidates who will contribute to a culture of purposeful collaboration.
Please send your resume and a cover letter showing how you meet the position profile to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 8, 2021. Please note Market Research Specialist in the subject line.