Reports to: EDCO CEO
The Economic Development Program Manager will serve as a contract position to assist in economic development program management during the My Mainstreet Program. The contract position will take the lead on program development including the EDCO Annual Conference (in concert with professional conference coordinators), Spring Symposium and Professional Development Events. The Project Coordinator will serve as ex-officio to all EDCO Committees.
- Ensures liaison to EDCO members re My Mainstreet Initiative including professional development & communication content.
- Represents the EDCO brand with the EDCO CEO at key events with members and stakeholders.
- Works with committee chairs to ensure committee meetings are scheduled, attended and minutes are created & distributed (Minutes are provided to EDPC by EDCO RMC)
- Works with EDCO Conference Coordinators to execute EDCO Annual Conference and Showcase.
- Takes lead role in EDCO Membership Strategy Implementation.
- Works with EDCO staff to execute EDCO events as per committee direction
- Reporting of activity to EDCO CEO and receive direction from same.
- Reporting of issues that may affect reputation of organization related to EDCO programming.
- Create logistics plans for each event.
- Works with venues, service providers to create sound agreements to be approved by CEO.
- Creates budgets in line with EDCO budget to generate revenue.
- Works the EDCO’s Research Marketing Coordinator to execute marketing plans.
- Creates back- end systems for registration.
- Creates promotion content for EDCO RMC.
- Ensures DEI consideration for all programming.
- Ability to work under stress with changing conditions requiring decision making skills.
- Ability to establish working relationships with EDCO Chairs, Venue Staff and stakeholders
- Must plan and adhere to deadlines.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule. Hours may be outside traditional work day.
- Must have solid understanding of economic development, Ec.D designation is preferred.
- Not for profit experience is an asset.
- Event planning experience is an asset.
- Fund raising skills and sponsorship fulfillment.
- Solid communications skills.
- Experience with association management software (Wild Apricot preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 is necessary.
- A business administration degree or equivalent.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Ensures all events, promotion and activities are compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Contract will be renewed on an annual basis for the duration of the EDCO My Mainstreet Program.
Applications: Resume and cover letter to be sent to: Heather Lalonde, EDCO CEO, email@example.com