Department:Community & Development Services
Supervisor:Director, Community & Development Services
Hours of Work:35 hours per week, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, (with flexible hours as required)
Salary Range:Competitive Salary plus a comprehensive benefit package
Closing Date:December 3, 2021
Lennox and Addington County is a growing community and our team is seeking a dynamic professional for the position of Senior Economic Development Officer.
We are looking for someone who can assist us with investment attraction and is skilled at building growth solutions for our existing businesses and entrepreneurs. You will help us take our community to the next stage of growth.
You are innovative, take initiative and enjoy working independently. You know what it takes for a business to be successful and you want to help. You see yourself as an entrepreneur who is looking to make an impact and is excited about the opportunity to make a big difference. You value networking and relationships and are always looking to raise the bar.
Here are some of the things that will be part of your day-to-day life with us:
- Pursue business expansion, investment and other growth opportunities within the County
- Manage all investment leads
- Develop relationships with our businesses and network within our local municipalities
- Provide exceptional business coaching and customer service to our larger business clients
- Connecting businesses and entrepreneurs with the resources to help them grow or start-up
- Create an environment of innovation to grow our economy
- Thinking and acting strategically
- Manage the Economic Development Coordinator (this position supports small business clients)
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business or marketing
- Five years Economic Development experience
- Working knowledge of business operations (financial management, marketing and product development) in order to support investment attraction strategies, business expansions and entrepreneurial start-ups
- Ability to passionately promote Lennox and Addington and negotiate effectively
- Strong at developing internal and external relationships
- Considerable experience working with political staff, community stakeholders and private sector senior management on sensitive and confidential issues
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A track record of innovation and creativity
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and confidently
- Access to a personal vehicle, as most appointments will require travel within Lennox and Addington
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information and to apply online: https://www.lennox-addington.on.ca/employment/senior-ecdev-officer