TOWN OF RENFREW
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Town of Renfrew, situated along the Bonnechere River in the heart of the Ottawa Valley, both embraces its rich history, and is committed to progress. Less than an hour from the amenities of the Nation’s Capital, the Town offers exceptional educational opportunities, affordable residential prices and a low crime rate coupled with a strong agriculture tradition and presence to satisfy every interest and provide personal growth opportunities for all.
Reporting to the Director of Planning & Development, the Economic Development Officer (EDO) liaises with economic development partners and the business community to foster economic growth in the Town of Renfrew. The EDO leads activities and initiatives that will attract investment and business opportunities, boost local employment, and support business retention and expansion. In addition, the EDO will play a key role in the delivery of Town led tourism initiatives and special events. Attends committee and council in respect of projects, applications, and departmental business, as required.
- Post-secondary diploma and training in a related field such as Economic Development, Tourism/Hospitality, Planning, Business, Commerce, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Economic Developer Designation (Ec.D.) or willingness to obtain.
- Three (3) years of related experience in community development, land use planning, and/or municipal experience desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with employees and the public.
- Highly developed analytical, organizational, literacy, communication (formal/technical/promotional writing & oral communication) and inter-personal skills with the ability to cope with competing demands and multiple tasks.
- Work is conducted in an office environment, however, travelling off-site and as needed for meetings, conferences, workshops, and events will be required. May be required to work outside of regular business/office hours.
- Must hold and maintain a valid ‘G’ Ontario driver’s license and have immediate access to a reliable vehicle.
A detailed job description is available on our website at: www.renfrew.ca
In addition to a competitive salary of $57,603 - $67,758 per annum (2022 rates) as well as a comprehensive benefit package, the Town of Renfrew offers exemplarily values, a strong community spirit, a rural quality of life, well maintained infrastructure, and an outdoor recreation paradise, all of which help to create a productive environment for personal growth and success.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume, stating “Town of Renfrew – Economic Development Officer”,
by 4:00 p.m., Monday, August 15th, 2022, to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
EMAIL: email@example.com (in MS Word or pdf format)
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.