Municipality of Huron East
Economic Development Officer
The Municipality of Huron East is a progressive and growing municipality of approximately 10,000 residents. Located in beautiful Huron County, Huron East is a blend of vibrant urban areas, rural communities, and productive farm land. Located 30 minutes from Stratford and one hour from Kitchener/Waterloo and London, Huron East provides an impressive level of services and opportunities for our residents.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Economic Development Officer (EDO) liaises with economic development partners and the business community to foster economic growth in the Municipality of Huron East. The EDO leads activities and initiatives that will attract investment and business opportunities, boost local employment, and support business retention and expansion. Attends committee and council in respect of projects, applications, and departmental business, as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Economics, Planning, or Public Administration, from a recognized institution, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
- Professional Designation in economic development from either the Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC) or the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) or the Project Management Institute (PMP) is an asset;
- Five years related work experience in an economic development, planning or land development environment;
- Demonstrated above average ability to develop and deliver verbal and visual presentations to a variety of groups and stakeholders and communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing (English language);
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the civic service, external partners, outside agencies and members of the public;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers and Windows based software such as Microsoft Office and graphic presentation software;
- Must have a personal vehicle for use in the performance of duties and possess a valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence.
A detailed job description is available on our website at: https://www.huroneast.com/en/town-hall/employment-and-volunteering.aspx.
In addition to a competitive salary of $75,000 to $87,000 annum (2022 rates) as well as a comprehensive benefit package, the Municipality of Huron East offers exemplarily values, a strong community spirit, a rural quality of life, well maintained infrastructure, and an outdoor recreation paradise, all of which help to create a productive environment for personal growth and success.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act, 2001 and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Interested individuals should submit their cover letter and resume by no later than 4:00 pm on September 2, 2022 to Mr. Brad McRoberts, MPA, P. Eng., Municipality of Huron East, Box 610, Seaforth, Ontario, N0K 1W0 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
The selection process may include assessment methods to further determine a candidate’s aptitudes, behaviour, knowledge and skills for the position.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.