Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
Senior Program Advisor
Are you interested in policy and program development in support of promoting entrepreneurship and facilitating small business development? Do you want to take an active role as a member of a team developing, implementing and managing policies and programs, strategies and partnerships with clients and stakeholders? If so, then join the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade in this exciting role!
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Plan, organize and complete a diverse range of assigned projects
• Take the lead in assessing, evaluating and managing projects
• Market and promote ministry entrepreneurship programs within the province
• Negotiate contracts, research and write documentation related to program design and entrepreneurship/branch strategic planning
• Liaise between the ministry and project proponents
• Monitor the progress of funded projects, and evaluate success of project in meeting its objectives
• Provide advice and facilitation services, where required, to promote project success.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of the government policy and program development process.
• You have knowledge of program design, implementation and evaluation methods to analyze, develop, recommend and present strategies for changing program/policy or initiating new programs/policies and developing implementation strategies.
• You have knowledge of financial analysis and management, performance indicators and standards, and grant administration policies and processes to provide information and to evaluate and recommend financial support within audit and accountability standards.
Project Management Skills
• You have proven project management skills and the ability to optimize team contributions to ensure high-quality product within deadlines.
Research, Analytical, Problem-Solving and Judgment Skills
• You have research, evaluative and analytical skills to collect, synthesize and interpret data.
• You demonstrate good judgment, reasoning and problem-solving skills to assess options and develop recommendations addressing program and client/stakeholder issues and concerns.
Communication, Interpersonal and Consultation Skills
• You possess effective oral and written communication skills to gather and explain information and prepare a variety of written products (e.g., briefing notes, correspondence, presentations).
• You have interpersonal and stakeholder consultation skills, including the ability to develop and manage effective partnerships.
Salary Range: $1,496.81 - $1,910.51 Per Week
· 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 56 Wellesley St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 175075, by Thursday, August 18, 2022. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.