City of Mississauga
Business Sector Development Consultant
Req ID: 22039
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 09/27/2022
Please apply to this job at https://jobs.mississauga.ca/job-invite/22039/
Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to the residents, visitors and businesses of Mississauga.
Do you have a passion for the Advanced Manufacturing industry? The City of Mississauga's Economic Development Office is looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Business Integrator to build and promote a platform to enable future growth of Advanced Manufacturing sector through collaboration, partnership, and program development across the City. Here's what you get to do:
Reporting to the Manager, Business Investment and Sector Development, and as a key member of the Sector Development team, you will provide leadership and support the Economic Development Office in developing and implementing initiatives that will achieve and advance the City’s objectives in the Advanced Manufacturing sector through:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing a vision, strategy, plans and action to transform and lift Mississauga’s manufacturing base into a sustainable, innovative and globally competitive force.
- Drive integration among the industry and support organizations through connectivity and local supply chain development.
- Managing client service activities on a confidential basis with businesses to ensure assistance to companies through the delivery of programs that encourage the adoption and application of lean, disruptive innovation and technology throughout manufacturing processes
- Advising local business or potential new business clients on industry trends, competitiveness issues, workforce training, opportunity for growth, regulatory and policy issues.
- Nurturing newer companies that have demonstrated potential to grow in the new economy through mentorship and connections with regional and senior government programs.
- Explore partnerships in advanced manufacturing consortiums to grow the Mississauga cluster.
- Designing and delivering presentations on sector issues for stakeholder groups including council, advisory, consortiums and other industry associations.
- Recommending expenditures and monitoring of budgets, evaluating proposals related to new initiatives.
- Providing support to our investment Sales Team. Managing your time and budget to advance strategic priorities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor degree in a related discipline (e.g. Science, Engineering, Business). A relevant graduate degree, or applicable combination of education and work would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the Advanced Manufacturing sector and thorough knowledge of Industry 4.0 issues and trends, including relevant legislation and policies affecting economic growth and competition in Mississauga, the region, Province and Country
- Strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of the network within the sector and industry structures, supply chains and business operations
- Knowledge of key regulations and legislation, government programs and business operations related to the advanced manufacturing sectors in Ontario
- Familiar with resources and initiatives that support workforce development issues that address the technical skills gap and opportunities to improve productivity, innovation and export-readiness. This experience could be in the area of adoption and application of Lean, disruptive innovation and technology in the manufacturing processes.
- Strategic thinker, integrator and leader to take innovative ideas through to implementation.
- Must have the ability to travel within the City and provide own transportation.
This position offers flexible work from home arrangements
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 83,485.00 - $ 111,315.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre Department/Division/Section: P&B/Planning & Building Dept , P&B/Economic Dev Office , Business Invest & Client Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union