Job Posting #17-207
CITY MANAGER’S DEPARTMENT
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC)
MARKETING CONSULTANT, DIGITAL
Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to the residents, visitors and businesses of Mississauga.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a digital communication strategy to raise the digital profile of the Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre and development and delivery of digital programs and services to elevate the digital literacy of entrepreneurs and small business in Mississauga including:
- Conceptualizing, planning, developing and implementing digital marketing strategies and digital communication plan including development implementation and management of website content, social media strategy, digital and traditional marketing tools, media and marketing campaign creation and delivery and reporting on performance of all strategies and outcomes.
- Conceptualizing, researching, writing and publishing compelling online content including small business related information for blog posts, e-newsletters, web and social media content, entrepreneur profiles etc. while maintaining corporate standards and procedures related to web writing, content management and style guidelines.
- Developing and implementing digital education program for local small business and entrepreneurs through one-on-one, or group consultations, presentations, seminars, events, mentoring and online training programs, including online learning and resource environment and measurement and reporting of success of program delivery.
- Leading the creation, monitoring and updating of new and existing content including webinars, videos, photography, calendars, on-line business services.
- Actively support all MBEC programs, services, tools and information resources providing business support to early stage start-up to existing small businesses through client walk-ins, telephone, email clients, seminars, events, outreach, training, programs, mentoring etc.
- Responsible for establishment, implementation, analysis, measurement and reporting of mechanisms and key performance indicators for digital strategies and tactics, and integrating their measurement into multi-channel campaign using evidence based analytics to justify digital marketing strategies.
- Responsible for strategies for public engagement and communication, support of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) implementation and operation, research and other relevant project and operations support.
- Perform other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Digital Communications, Digital Marketing, Journalism, with a focus on Web
- A minimum of 5 years industry related work experience or equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience.
- Experience in advising and coaching entrepreneurs on digital marketing strategies and implementation of tools with proven outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with demonstrated knowledge of standards to optimize content for target audiences, accessibility, search and web standards
- Experience in writing content for web and applying digital tools and technologies with a solid understanding of social media platforms, strategies and content development for small business.
- Experience in digital marketing landscape, customer acquisition, engagement, paid and organic traffic, SEM, SEO, social media, display, mobile, video, email and content marketing.
- Strong technical skills required, including up to date knowledge of tools - Ability to adapt to new techniques and technology including remaining current in the digital space.
- Strong capability of interpreting, reporting and presenting of data, strategy, insights, KPIs
- Ability to manage multiple takes and meet deadlines with good track record of team collaboration
- Strong ability to organize and condense complex topics into simplified language
- Ability to work in both MAC OS and Windows environment
- Interest or experience and understanding of small business and entrepreneurship and ability to communicate in the French Language is a definite asset
- Portfolio of digital products that demonstrates your passion to design and write great content for web in plain English is required for this position (Please note: at the time of the interview, candidates will be requested to present their portfolio).
Note: Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Hours of Work: 35 hours of work
Rate / Salary: $ 67,420 - $ 89,897
Closing Date: May 30, 2017 Number of Openings: 1 full-time permanent
Department/Division/Unit: City Manager office / Economic Development / MBEC
Work Location: 300 City Centre Drive
Please apply directly on our www.mycitycareer.ca website on or before May 30, 2017
Please include a resume with your application
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted or a Record of Offences Declaration for returning staff where a Criminal Record Search acceptable to the City has previously been submitted. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.