The Corporation of the City Of Brantford
Economic Development & Tourism
Economic Development Officer
Job ID# 368
Reporting to the Director of Economic Development and Tourism, the Economic Development Officer is responsible for marketing the City as an ideal investment location for new and expanding businesses to facilitate job creation, assessment growth and community economic prosperity overall. Enthusiastic and creative, you will leverage modern marketing channels and best industry practices to promote Brantford’s competitive advantages to the global marketplace through online resources, social networking platforms and by representing the City at various industry events. As a key team member, you will manage departmental information assets and database resources to satisfy investment inquiries and marketing initiatives, while providing back-up support to Development staff as required.
- Applicants are required to have a degree in marketing, business administration, geography or an equivalent closely related field
- Over three (3) years’ of previous experience in a public sector environment
- Exceptional communication skills on all fronts, from writing and presentations, to dealing with elected officials, government stakeholders and the business community in general
- Proficient with MS Office, Web Content Management Systems (DNN, SharePoint), ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite
- An Ec.D. certification would be an asset
- Knowledge of real estate and the development industry would be an asset
- A valid “G” Ontario driver’s license in good standing is required
SALARY RANGE: $67,224.00 to $84,030.00 per annum (based on 33.75 hour a week) plus benefits
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at careers.brantford.ca and click on Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, June 8, 2017, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.