Business Retention and Expansion Coordinator
Town of Renfrew
Under the direction of the Clerk, the Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E) Coordinator shall carry out various activities relating to BR+E, Business Development, Communications, Marketing and Promotion, and Performance Measurements.
- Completed Post-secondary studies in economic development, business, marketing and/or other relevant studies.
- Experience in economic development, business development and marketing and/or a solid combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong personal initiative combined with superior interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
- General understanding of economic development, community development and tourism
- General understanding of municipal government, experience in a municipal environment will be considered an asset.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage an OMAFRA BR&E Program
- Strong skills in marketing and communications
- Ability to compile and present statistical information
- Computer proficiency
- Availability to attend evening meetings as required
- Ability to work well with others and take direction
Business Retention + Expansion Program implementation
- Coordinate and implement the OMAFRA BR+E program including project planning and business visits, volunteer recruitment and training, data analysis and recommendations, public meetings and communications, and development of a BR+E Action Plan for presentation to Council.
- Prepare reports and correspondence as assigned.
- Arrange meetings, book rooms, prepare agendas and support material, and prepare and distribute minutes.
- Work with OMAFRA Representatives to develop and implement the OMAFRA BR&E Program
- Assist in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- BR+E Alliance
- Senior Management Team, Economic Development & Tourism Committee, Clerk and support staff
- Property Owners
- Government ministries, agencies and funders
- Consultants, developers, entrepreneurs and industry
- Business and Associations (including the Renfrew BIA and the Renfrew and Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Office environment – available to meet with community organizations, business owners and public
- 35 hours per week (special events and meetings as required)
- 12 month contract
- Some travel required
- Attendance to Conferences/Seminars & Workshops as required
Hourly rate: Commensurate with qualifications and experience..
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by September 6, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.to:
127 Raglan Street South
Renfrew, ON K7V 1P8
The forgoing description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest - only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Renfrew is an equal opportunity employer and all information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection.
The Town of Renfrew will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for a known disability for an applicant or employee if requested.