Job Description: Research/ Business Development Coordinator
One Year Contract with Renewal Option
Under the Direction of the CEO perform office duties that are required and requested by the CEO
Thirty-five hours per week: Often with non-traditional working hours.
Research – To support the EDCO Strategic Plan through research activities related to futuristic vision of EDCO and the economic development profession.
Assist CEO in preparation & distribution of all Board related material.
Respond to board enquires and information requests.
Support committee related activities.
Maintain all EDCO databases including membership & dues information.
Maintain content on EDCO website
Prepare electronic bulletins & newsletters for distribution
Monitor and prepare social media messaging according to Social Media Policy
Participate on Annual Conference Planning Committee
Attend Annual Conference and assist where requested.
Tasks: (Include but not limited to):
· Liaison different levels of government, relevant organizations, companies and members interested in developing relationship with EDCO
· provide timely and thorough advice, information and assistance to support those efforts.
· Promote EDCO as the lead economic development organization in Ontario.
· develop and maintain all EDCOl databases such as the membership, contacts, partnership target and media database,
· assist with the application of legislation and regulations relevant to work undertaken by the Division; including relevant corporate policies.
· administration of contracts related to the projects or services of the Division pertaining to economic development and community development.
· research and prepare draft documentation to / for Division staff and Management on current trends, programs, best practices as it relates to economic development and related disciplines.
· maintain expertise at a high level by attending appropriate courses, seminars, conferences, by undertaking selected readings, and by liaising / networking with organizations, agencies and peers.
· Create and present presentations on behalf of EDCO when requested
- represent EDCO Division at relevant meetings, including meetings in hours outside of office hours
- practice effective public relations to sustain the positive image of EDCO
- Undertake tasks / work assignments as directed by the CEO or Board of Directors
- Develop EDCO communications including e-newsletter, social media presence and other online applications.
- update EDCO website and other promotional materials
To supply support to the CEO and to perform other related duties as required.
Assist in securing sponsorhip/partnership revenue and coordinate sponsorship/partnership fulfillment
Coordinate and maintain EDCO Online Investors Guide
Graduate of post-secondary economic development/ business/marketing/technology program.
Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
Advanced skills in website management and social media.
Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
Have a valid driver’s license and access to vehicle – may be requested to travel within the Province of Ontario.
Ability and discipline to work in in own home office.
Term of Contract:
One year contract with option to renew at completion.
Please provide cover letter and resume to EDCO office at email@example.com by Friday, December 8, 2017.