The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for the position of:
Economic Development, Planning and Innovation
(Part-time contract, approximately 17.5 hours per week)
The Entrepreneurship Co-ordinator will assist in the creation of a vibrant self-employment sector in Orangeville and its surrounding communities. This is a part-time contract position ending on March 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension, subject to budget and grant approval. The successful candidate will plan, implement and deliver all components of the office’s Starter Company Plus program and related entrepreneurship programs; provide and organize business advisory services; facilitate and deliver entrepreneurial training programs and workshops; and organize coaching and mentoring support from the business community. The position requires occasional participation in meetings and events outside of regular business hours. Duties will include:
- · Working with entrepreneurs individually or in group settings for participation in entrepreneurial programs;
- · Developing marketing materials, presentations and digital content to promote programs and services to prospective entrepreneurs; and conducting orientation sessions to promote program participation;
- · Working with individuals to develop new businesses, expand existing ventures and support participant applications to appropriate programs, coaching participants to create and implement individualized business plans and presentations;
- · Creating, preparing and facilitating small business workshops, group training and networking meetings for clients;
- · Networking and participating in community meetings and business events as required to solicit volunteer program mentors and build community participation;
- · Managing participant files and information, maintaining detailed case notes and statistics; preparing program administrative documents, ensuring adherence to program requirements; drafting RFPs, program proposals and funding applications as relevant to work completed;
- · Other duties as assigned.
- · A university degree in Economics, Business, Marketing, Communications or a related discipline.
- · Valid Ontario Class G license and access to reliable vehicle for business purposes required.
- · A minimum of three (3) years of current work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of small business and related regulations, programs and services. Experience counselling youth and prospective business owners.
- · Background in business development, marketing and liaising/building relations with various levels of government, members of the business community and other stakeholders.
- · Previous experience in an Economic Development office, Small Business Enterprise Centre, or related municipal government environment would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal; strong analytical, organizational and customer service skills; and ability to serve as office representative at specific events, programs and meetings.
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Microsoft CRM.
- · Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and evenings.
Salary Range: $31.33 to $35.63 per hour, Grade 6 on the Town’s 2017 hourly pay grid
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Cathy Moran, Human Resources and Health and Safety Officer, no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, November 27, 2017. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted in person to the Town Hall. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Questions about this collection should be directed to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.