The Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe
invites applications for the position of
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
(Full time contract to December 31, 2018; with possibility of extension)
The Economic Development Corporation of North Simcoe (EDCNS) is seeking to add to the team an energetic and professional individual to work toward making the “Heart of Georgian Bay” the best place to do business, to work and to live.
This 5 days per week position (one-year contract, 35 hours per week), reporting directly to the Economic Development Director, will support initiatives that further the mission of EDCNS and the four supporting municipalities (Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay and Tiny). The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating communications, website updating, preparing marketing materials, setting up special events and completing applications to government funding programs. They will also positively impact local and potential businesses through effective economic development activities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Superior knowledge of corporate communications – minimum of 2 years related experience
· Working knowledge from a business and or community economic development environment
· A post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, marketing, public relations or related discipline
· Proficient oral and written communications skills
· Solid knowledge of Adobe Professional, Web Publishing Software, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as social media platforms
· Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively meet multiple deadlines
· Project management and or event management experience
· A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for business travel is required.
Hourly wage rates will be commensurate with skills and experience ($20-$25.00 per hour).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume by November 27th, 2017, 4:00 p.m., or until successfully filled, by email to: Careers@edcns.caOr by mail indicating “confidential” to Director Economic Development, EDCNS, 105 Fourth Street, PO Box 8, Midland, Ontario On L4N 7N5.