Manager, Partnership, Policy and Planning / Manager, Trade Strategy and Intelligence
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can showcase your managerial and leadership skills, and are interested in leading the implementation of Ontario's Global Trade Strategy and working with the federal government on international trade agreement negotiations? Join the Ministry of International Trade's (MIT) Trade Strategy, Analytics and Partnerships Branch, where we are seeking management professionals to fill the Manager, Partnership, Policy and Planning position and Manager, Trade Strategy and Intelligence position in Toronto.
At MIT, we play an important role in coordinating international trade activities and strategy in Ontario. We work with the business community, key organizations and partner ministries to advance the province's economic interests around the globe. We are responsible for international trade strategy and policy, trade missions and promotion with our ministry partners to increase Ontario's exports and identify new markets.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As Manager, Partnership, Policy and Planning, you will:
• Lead the collaborative development and implementation of Ontario's Global Trade Strategy
• Lead engagement initiatives and outreach across all levels of government to advance Ontario's Global Trade Strategy
• Ensure centralized quality assurance and coordination in the implementation and governance of Ontario's Global Strategy to demonstrate results
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key partners, both internal and external to government in support of the implementation of the Global Trade Strategy
• Lead a team of policy professionals involved in complex research, development, analysis and evaluation of policy initiatives and programs
• Provide advice and support to the Minister, cabinet committees and senior executives on International Trade policy submissions, including the policy's alignment to priorities and broader government objectives
As Manager, Trade Strategy and Intelligence, you will:
• Support Ontario's Global Trade Strategy by providing specialized advice on international trade matters to senior management on policy and program strategies, issues, trends and recommendations that impact ministry strategic planning and policy/program development and decision-making
• Work with ministry partners and stakeholders to develop Ontario's position through evidence-based analysis on upcoming trade agreement, and developing strategies to engage with the Federal Government to ensure Ontario's interests are reflected in resulting Canadian strategies
• Lead partner ministry collaboration to develop Ontario's position and strategies on international trade policy issues, dispute management, and trade agreement implementation planning
How do I qualify?
Management and Leadership Skills:
• You have demonstrated management and leadership skills to develop, build and lead organizational capacity through values-based leadership, inclusive and engaged teams and partnerships to coach, lead and manage staff
• You have knowledge of human resources principles, theories and collective agreements to develop organizational capacity, including succession planning, talent management, organization and job design and labour relations management
Communication, Consultation and Interpersonal Skills:
• You can provide strategic advice, research results, briefings and make recommendations to senior management and executives in the area of International Trade
• You can prepare executive correspondence and advice on trends and issues related to policy and program area plans, proposals, and issues resolution
• You have consultation and negotiation skills to act as a chair and participate on senior level corporate and inter-jurisdictional committees
• You are able to build and maintain relationships with partners in various levels of government, internal and external sector stakeholders to identify policy and program delivery issues and exchange information among jurisdictions
Policy, Program Delivery and Financial Knowledge:
• You have knowledge of policy and program development theory, practices and methods to lead and manage research projects and initiatives, evaluate and address arising policy and program issues
• You have knowledge of financial, administrative and procurement policies and directives to plan and manage fiscal and material resources
Research and Analytical Skills:
• You have knowledge of economic analysis, quantitative research methods, including environmental scans, computer software modelling to provide advice and expertise to senior management and executives on policy and program strategies and issues
• You have demonstrated analytical skills to research, conduct and analyze data and trends, identify potential risks and socio-economic impacts to determine resolutions and provide recommendations to senior management
• You are able to develop work plans and lead a range of research initiatives and projects involving qualitative and quantitative analysis to ensure it supports evidence-based policy proposals and ministry directions
Project Management and Operational Planning Skills:
• You have demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and methodologies to oversee and guide the overall delivery of mandates and strategies
• You can lead and manage multi-year strategic business, program and service plans, including the deployment of resources to deliver programs and services
• You are able to coordinate and lead the planning and implementation of organizational development and complex change initiatives for the program, service, project or initiative
• You can plan and coordinate multiple deliverables with external and internal stakeholders, partners and consultants
• You can lead the planning and management of projects for the research, development of research protocols and tools, and implementation of ministry policy framework
Salary Range: $90,348 - $127,343 per year
· 1 Permanent, 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
· 1 Permanent, 655 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, December 20, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 114950 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.