Economic Development Project Coordinator (Intern)
$35,000 - $40,000 a year – Contract one (1) year with possibility of two years.
Are you a new or recent graduate of a program in Economic Development, Business, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Community Development or Marketing?
Are you looking for an unique opportunity that will foster professional growth and development?
Do you want to contribute to the economic growth and development of a small Town with big potential in Northwestern Ontario?
The Township of Ignace is seeking an Economic Development Project Coordinator (Intern) to assist the Economic Development Manager and Township with the planning and implementation of an Investment Readiness and Community Capacity Master Plan with a mission to revolutionize the long-term future of the community.
Position Eligibility and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- · Graduate, within the last three (3) years, of post-secondary studies (University or College) in Economic Development, Business, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Community Development and Marketing. Graduates with an educational background in tourism may also be considered;
- · First time employment in your field of study or a similar discipline;
- · Never participated in a similar internship program;
- · Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- · Strong personal initiative combined with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- · General understanding of economic development, community development and municipal administration;
- · Ability to plan, coordinate and manage various projects;
- · Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment, with multi-stakeholder groups with multiple priorities;
- · Ability to compile and present statistical information;
- · Strong organizational, time management and administrative skills;
- · Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, Internet, Websites, Social media;
- · Candidates should have access to reliable transportation and have and maintain a valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
The Economic Development Project Coordinator Intern will work with the Economic Development Manager to conduct research, marketing, project planning and implementation and correspond with diverse stakeholders in support of business retention expansion and attraction and tourism promotion.
Some of the specific initiatives in which the Economic Development Project Coordinator Intern may be involved in include but are not limited to:
- · Providing direct support services such as research, grant writing, project development or planning
- · Supporting business retention and expansion activities to a variety of economic development initiatives;
- · Supporting the development of a community profile;
- · Supporting the development of a Business Gap Analysis project;
- · Supporting the development of an Economic Development Strategy;
- · Supporting the development of a Tourism Strategy;
- · Providing support for the project application and assessment process;
- · Managing web updates and help developing social media content;
- · Assisting in the preparation of a workforce development study in anticipation of potential growth within the Township;
- · Supporting the development of communication materials;
- · Assisting in the completion of a land inventory program and arrange for commercial sites to be certified and ready for investment;
- · Helping organize and participate in economic development committee meetings;
- · Assisting in the upgrading of the Towns official plan and zoning by law;
- · Participating in regional economic development initiatives
- · 35 hours per week (special events and meetings as required);
- · 1-year, full time with the possibility of extension for second year;
- · An opportunity to obtain an economic development accreditation (Ec.D.) with the possibility of being fully funded by the Town;
- · Some travel required to participate in regional meetings, conferences and events relating to economic development.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2018 at 4:30pm. Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY:
This Opportunity is Proudly Supported by: Province of Ontario