15 month contract – maternity leave
35 Hours per Week
This is one position with two phases. Phase One involves coordination of specific projects and is subsidized by grant funding. Upon successful completion of Phase One, the position transitions into Phase Two for maternity leave coverage.
12 – 14 week contract (dependent on start date). Salary range dependent on experience. The successful candidate will assist with the coordination and implementation of the following two (2) economic development and corporate communications projects:
- municipal website redevelopment including content migration and new content creation
- branding and visual identity development including community engagement
- develop and foster partnerships to engage the community and local businesses in the branding and website development process.
- coordinate and/or attend various public meetings, including Council/Committee, community organization, business and economic development groups as required for project coordination.
12 month contract (maternity leave coverage). This position offers a competitive salary. The successful candidate will:
- develop, identify and foster partnerships with the community and local businesses to promote economic development opportunities, provide information and resources to connect them to relevant business support programs, services and grants.
- assist with the coordination, integration and monitoring of corporate communications including multimedia coordination, marketing, advertising, social media, tourism enhancement, attraction and promotion.
- assist with the development, design and integration of a new website and corporate branding initiative.
- prepare reports, policies and deliver presentations.
- attend various meetings including Council/Committee meetings, economic development groups, community organizations, and business development advisory groups.
- research and apply for grants and subsidies for municipal economic initiatives.
- Completion of two-year college program or equivalent in business or public administration, economics, planning or related discipline.
- Two (2) to three (3) years related experience with a demonstrated background in economic development, tourism, public relations, marketing, and/or culture and special events.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in written form.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proficient with office equipment, software and current technology.
- Flexibility of hours required, including working evenings and weekends as needed.
Class “G” licence is required.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume to:
Township of Lake of Bays
Attn: Nicole Tye, Human Resources Department
1012 Dwight Beach Rd. Dwight, ON P0A 1H0
Closing date: March 23rd, 2018 at 4:00 p.m
The Township of Lake of Bays is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to meeting its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources Department as soon as possible.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used solely for the purpose of job selection. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.