How would you like to contribute your highly developed advisory and program development skills and contribute to the successful delivery of economic development in northern Ontario? Join the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines!
For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a member of an integrated area economic development team, you will:
- provide economic advisory and consultative services to economic and social organizations, First Nations, municipalities, and businesses
- participate in the development, coordination and delivery of programs and initiatives in the north
- promote economic development programs and services utilizing a variety of marketing methods, including presentations and in-person meetings
- prepare briefing materials, reports and responses to inquiries from associations, stakeholders, the public and internal staff
- establish linkages and maintain on-going relationships with stakeholders and other partners
- manage economic development projects and undertake research and analysis
Location: Thunder Bay
How do I qualify?
- valid driver's licence and willingness to travel to remote areas that may be inaccessible by other means of transportation
- understanding of economic theory and principles in order to understand the needs of northern Ontario and the applications/impacts to economic and/or sector development
- understanding of provincial and federal programs dealing with economic and community development as well as public sector organization, structure and processes
Communication, interpersonal and people skills:
- proven communication, facilitation, interpersonal, and customer service skills to work with individuals, businesses, First Nations, municipalities, groups and organizations
Project management skills:
- demonstrated leadership and project management skills in leading task teams, coordinating projects, conducting financial analysis and managing issues
- working knowledge of business development/planning, reviewing, and evaluating project applications
- demonstrated research and data analysis skills
- ability to work independently and participate on multi-disciplinary teams
- proficiency with computers and software including word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and internet
Salary Range:$1,396.11 - $1,781.96 per week
Additional information: 1 Permanent, 435 James St S, Thunder Bay, North Region
Please apply online, only, by Monday, April 30, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 122558 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.www.ontario.ca/careers