As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Geography, Urban Planning, Business Administration, Business Development, Marketing and Advertising, Entrepreneurship, Commerce or suitable equivalent.
- Post-Graduate degree, or diploma, or certificate in economic development, urban planning or geography is an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years proven, progressive and more responsible related work experience in Economic Development.
- Completed, or currently in-progress of completing an economic development designation from EDAC and/or IEDC is required. Organizational agility with an understanding of municipal government.
- Demonstrated experience creating programs and processes to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrated strong communication, collaboration, creative and critical thinking skills.
- Self-starter, with an ability to work independently together with extensive experience working as a member of interdisciplinary teams and staff to achieve successful results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster internal and external relationships and work in partnership with City, business, labour, academic institutions, community agencies, and government.
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and oral communication skills with a commitment and focus of customer service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, with considerable experience successfully completing projects on time and on budget within precise constraints.
- Demonstrated ability in handling matters of a confidential and/or sensitive nature as it relates to senior business executives, Council, and other staff.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in the City’s core and leadership competencies and relevant functional competencies.
- A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (spreadsheet, word processing, PowerPoint) is required.
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.