The Corporation of the County of Wellington requires an Economic Development Officer.
The Economic Development Officer focuses on implementing countywide Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E) initiatives, managing the Signage Programme and supporting departmental initiatives such as Talent Attraction and the Community Improvement Programme. The Officer enjoys the variety involved in economic development, feels confident coordinating projects and working with a range of stakeholders.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Three year college diploma in economic development, business administration or related field.
- Minimum four years of experience or equivalent, preferably in economic/tourism/business development.
- Familiarity the rural municipal landscape and understanding of municipal economic development issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), email and internet.
- A valid driver’s licence (minimum G2 Class) and access to a reliable vehicle.
This position offers a comprehensive benefit package and a salary range of: $57,475.60 to $67,230.80 (2018 Non Union Compensation Grid), based on a 35 hour work week.
Visit our website at: www.wellington.ca
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #135-18 by Wednesday, November 21 at 12:00 pm.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT
County of Wellington Administration Centre
74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or F: 519.837.8882.
Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please.
Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.