Note: This position requires a career application form (found at the bottom of the job ad under municipal jobs at https://www.chatham-kent.ca) and a resume.
The Economic Development Officer I is responsible for providing business support to all Chatham-Kent businesses involved in but not limited to manufacturing, agriculture, call centres and real estate including attraction, retention and expansion.
About Economic Development Services
The Economic Development Services division is responsible for service delivery in the areas of advanced manufacturing, agri-business, food processing, commercial development, and small business including business attraction, business retention and development, small business support; as well as in partnerships with Resident Attraction and Retention, Local Immigration Partnership Program, Employment and Social Services and Chatham-Kent Workforce Planning Board.
(please see the full responsibilities in our job ad under municipal jobs at www.chatham-kent.ca)
- The Economic Development Officer I will work to improve economic growth through business and community development initiatives and programs that supports the Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Support business retention, development, investment and growth activities that positively influence the competitiveness of local businesses in the global marketplace
- Conduct on-site visits with business clients and provide assistance in support of their business investment inquiries and activities through a Corporate Visitation program
- Assist with special projects, promotions and applications for Business Development organizations throughout Chatham-Kent
- Network and maintain contacts with local, provincial, and federal ministries, agencies and organizations related to Business Development sector development
- Promote and market Business Development sector opportunities and sites throughout Chatham-Kent to new and existing entrepreneurs, investors
Essential Qualifications (please see full qualifications in the job ad under municipal jobs at www.chatham-kent.ca)
- College diploma or university degree (preferably in a business, accounting, administration or economic development program), with four to six years of related experience; or an equivalent of related education and experience
- Ability to open doors, make introductions and acquire meeting time to exchange information on the merits of investing
- Strong computer skills in OnPoint NG & web research tools, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) (or similar software program)
Certification, memberships, licenses:
- Certified Economic Developer (Ec.D.) professional designation an asset
Driver's license/vehicle requirements:
Because this position would be required to travel, a valid Province of Ontario driver's license with a reliable motor vehicle is necessary.
This permanent full-time job provides for a total reward package that includes an annual salary range of $63,395 to $71,661 (based on grade 8 of the 2018 non-union full-time compensation plan), plus participation in the OMERS pension plan (mandatory), vacation entitlement and a comprehensive benefit package that includes life insurance, accident death and dismemberment, short and long term disability, extended health and dental benefits following the successful completion of a 3 month waiting period.
Applying: (please see full details for applying in the job ad under municipal jobs at www.chatham-kent.ca)
Candidates interested in the above position are asked to submit a Career Profile application form and a resume to the email address below. Please do not include a cover letter, or copies or transcripts, licenses, certificates, etc. Please only download the application form onto a computer or laptop; it doesn't load correctly onto a phone, tablet, or iPad. You should see boxes beside yes and no that you click to answer the question.
We encourage all to apply, including women, Aboriginal people and visible minorities.
Applications must be received before 4:30 pm, Monday, December 20, 2018:
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Attn: Jan Richards, Recruitment Officer
315 King Street West, PO Box 640
Chatham, ON N7M 5K8
The Municipality of Chatham-Kent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain talented employees. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources & Organizational Development (HROD) at 519-360-1998 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and will be used strictly for the purpose of candidate selection. We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.