Responsible for foreign direct investment sales including lead generation, servicing and after-care. Working directly with international companies, professional service providers, various levels of government and other relevant stakeholders, the Global Business Consultant will compete globally for business investment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead the investment attraction portfolio and act as a key contact for international investors, related inquiries and investment opportunities. Related services and duties include:
- Conduct detailed research, analysis and planning to identify and develop leads, and help multinational companies to expand their operations in Mississauga. Management and delivery of investment missions or projects.
- Conduct sales meetings with investment clients, including the design and delivery of presentations, to close complex investment opportunities.
- Create and foster strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders and team members to achieve investment targets.
- Represent the City of intergovernmental, regional and other working groups, forums, conferences, and working teams with a high degree of tact and professionalism.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree
- Minimum 2 years' experience in professional sales, business development, foreign direct investment, research and analysis and project management
- Preference will be given to those with experience in foreign direct investment sales related work.
- Demonstrated an ability to achieve performance targets and work in a high paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills are an asset, as are abilities to negotiate effectively with investment intermediaries and partners.
- Outstanding business acumen, ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize complex information into written reports, verbal briefings and formal public presentations.
- Excellent computer skills, with above average abilities in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
Job Req ID: 1112
Vacancy type: Temporary up to 12 months, non-union
Number of positions: 1
Hourly rate/salary: $77,888-$103,852
Hours of work: 35
Work location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CMO/City Manager's Office, CMO/Economic Dev Office, Business Invest & Client Services
Please apply directly on the City of Mississauga's website on or before December 9th, 2018. A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.