The Business Attraction Specialist is responsible for assisting the Director, Business Attraction in developing and executing the strategy and activities to attract and facilitate new investment in the region. The Business Attraction Specialist works with the Business Attraction Coordinator in research initiatives, call records maintenance, program material development, service and information request follow up, and providing exceptional customer service to potential investors.
- Support new capital investment, technology, job creation and business growth through implementation of strategic plan
- Promote region through development of presentations, marketing and sales materials
- Assist Director Business Attraction in conducting tours and presentations for potential companies considering locating in the region
- Implement strategies to target specific sectors to locate to region
- Maintain high level of awareness of regional benefits to attract future investments
- Support CEO in deploying and managing the FTZ Point
Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Analyze and inventory current industries that may complement new investment and target potential investors based upon existing market base. Enlist private sector partnerships when appropriate to attract new investment into the region.
- Identify appropriate funding and incentive programs
- Promote regional strengths to ensure that potential investors have significant and compelling data to support a decision to locate in the region.
- Support Director, Business Attraction in developing compelling comparative site data and effective presentations to sell regional assets and promote investment in Windsor Essex
- Conduct presentations and tours for potential investors and companies considering locating in the area
- Participate in the formulation of market development strategy and marketing plans for attracting investment to the area. Implement strategies.
- Respond to requests for information and assistance with respect to programs and opportunities
- Support the maintenance of key relationships with the development, commercial real estate and site selection community to further the region’s recruitment objectives. Market and promote the region’s Economic Development Program, initiatives, and opportunities.
- Support the development of partnerships with current business and new potential business through common technology, common service or sourcing needs
- Liaise with the Director, Business Retention and Expansion to provide consistent communication and marketing strategies
- Liaise with local business groups, industry associations, chambers of commerce and economic development officers at a local level
- Perform such other responsibilities or lawful duties as assigned or required to meet and exceed the mandate of the Corporation
- Maintain customer relations software
- University Degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Economics, or other relevant education
- 3 to 5 years of experience in economic development in the public or private sector
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Municipal Act, municipal affairs and real estate knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with demonstrated project/time management, organizational, analytical, research communication (written, oral), report writing, negotiation, administrative, problem-solving, public relations and public speaking
- Ability to deal effectively and discreetly with all levels of staff, board members and the public
- Ability to think and act strategically in a political and community service environment and to foster and contribute to a positive, productive work environment
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office applications, presentation and database software
- A valid Class G driver’s license in good standing and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business
- A criminal background check may be required
- Travel in Windsor and Essex County and occasional overnight and international travel
- Valid passport
- Some overtime to attend evening meetings and events
Qualified individuals should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation during the recruitment process is available for job applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation of any accommodation(s) that you may require.