Competition No. TEDC-2019-02
The new team member will provide assistance to the Timmins Economic Development Corporation (TEDC) and the Business Enterprise Centre. S/He will offer both leadership and expertise in the implementation of economic development projects and services to entrepreneurs. An action and results oriented individual is needed to directly contribute to the economic and employment diversification of the area. Activities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead priority projects aimed at generating employment and investment in the City of Timmins from conceptual stage to final implementation
- Provide consultations to people looking to start, expand or purchase a business in the Cochrane District
- Provide guidance and advice to investors, entrepreneurs and partners
- Gather, analyze, present and maintain up-to-date economic development information relating to the City of Timmins
- Prepare funding proposals on behalf of project partners and clients; and
- Assist clients with their business plan preparations
- Post-Secondary graduate with specialization in areas related to economic development, commerce, marketing, etc.
- Excellent communication, research and analytical skills
- Solid knowledge of the community & industry partners
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team situation
- Sound knowledge of Federal, Provincial and other public, as well as, private funding agencies, services and programs
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Economic development experience would be an asset
- Certification in Economic Development would be an asset;
- Ability to effectively communicate in both English and French is asset
SALARY: $64,464 to $87,596 (2019)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of May 17, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER