Temporary, Non-Unionized opportunity in the Economic & Cultural Development Department (Contract - up to 18 months; JOB #J0819-0295)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Responsible for providing support to core economic development activities of the Department. Assists in lead generation and handling; business development and promotion events (including sales, marketing, trade shows, inbound delegations, special events); information and data analysis; installation, updating and maintenance of the Dynamic CRM; updating and maintenance of web and social media channels; assists with policy, plans, studies, programs and projects that support strategic directions and operation of the Department; and participates in other aspects of the economic development program, as needed.
Qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Digital Media, Marketing, Geography/GIS, Urban Planning, Economic Development, ICI Real Estate, or a related field, is required.
- Minimum one (1) year work experience in an Economic Development environment.
- About to commence, currently in-progress of completing, or completed an economic development designation from EDAC and/or IEDC is required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, records management, research, interpersonal communication skills and ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public and staff.
- Demonstrates communication, collaboration, creative and critical thinking skills.
- Self-starter, with an ability to work independently together with extensive experience working as a member of interdisciplinary teams and staff to achieve successful results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster internal and external relationships and work in partnership with City, business, labour, academic institutions, community agencies, and government.
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills with a commitment and focus of customer service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, with experience successfully completing projects on time and on budget within precise constraints.
- A high degree of proficiency with digital media (content and channel development), MS Office, and applications in CRM, Contact Management, and Spatial Mapping/Analysis is required.
- Strong applied knowledge and skills in primary and secondary survey methods, sources, including economic, market analysis and reporting is required.
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Friday September 6, 2019.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 (S.O. 2001,c.25) and will be used to determine qualifications for employment with The Corporation of the City of Vaughan. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, 2141 Major Mackenzie Drive, Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1, (905) 832-8585.