The Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation (SSMEDC) is currently seeking to fill the position of Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITB) Defence Project Manager.
SSMEDC has taken the lead on behalf of Ontario’s North Economic Development Corporation (ONEDC) to develop and implement a 3-year Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITB) pilot project initiative that will:
- Help Northern Ontario companies increase awareness and understanding of defence supply chain opportunities;
- Provide Northern Ontario firms with the expertise required to prepare to participate in this sector;
- Support Northern Ontario firms with defence certification requirement and bid preparation process;
- Provide capacity to source/develop Northern Ontario companies capabilities as required by current contract obligation opportunities;
- Provide the resources required to effectively work in tandem with Northern Ontario’s designated region representative at FedNor to increase marketing of Northern Ontario capabilities; and
- Represent Northern Ontario companies at defence events and to assist them in their business development efforts.
The position will be responsible for the development and implementation of brand and communications/trade show strategies, grant program criteria, and team workplans as required in accordance with project deliverables identified by FedNor and NOHFC to increase defence readiness opportunities throughout Northern Ontario.
Summary of qualifications include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or related field of study;
A minimum of 7 years direct experience in the defence sector, including knowledge of Government of Canada procurement process for defence;
A minimum of 5 years experience working in a business environment;
Municipal and public sector experience, including stakeholder management and public relations;
Project management experience, including coordinating project delivery teams;
Strong managerial skills and experience, including developing team work plans;
Strong financial skills, including managing budgets;
Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
Possess strong analytical skills, including the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Project Manager Certification
- Master’s degree in an area of relevant study
- Bilingual (French/English)
Full job description is available upon request.
Please email your resume and cover letter by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 to email@example.com and include the following in the subject line: “ITB Defence Project Manager”
The Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors with Advisory Committees. Its mission is to support the sustainable growth and the further development of a diversified local economy through activities and undertakings that facilitate creation and retention of wealth in the community, increased productivity and global competitiveness, inward investment and trade, and the marketing and promotion of business development and tourism. Funded by all levels of government and the private sector, the corporation’s three operating divisions are Business Development, Tourism Sault Ste. Marie and Corporate Services. Together, they work to create and retain jobs, attract visitors, and increase the Municipal tax base.
We thank all individuals who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. All information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: FedNor and NOHFC