The Corporation of the City Of Brantford Economic Development & Tourism requires Manager of Tourism, Culture & Sport - Job ID# 935
Reporting to the Director of Economic Development and Tourism, the Manager of Tourism, Culture and Sport will efficiently manage and deliver all services of Tourism Brantford, including industry development, marketing and visitor services to the City of Brantford. You will develop the Division's strategic plan and budget, and oversee the operation of the Visitor and Tourism Centre. Additionally, you will act as a key contact with the County of Brant and the Six Nations of the Grand River tourism partners. An excellent verbal, written and public communicator, you will take an active role with the Brantford Tourism Advisory Committee and serve on various regional and provincial committees.
- Possess a degree/diploma emphasizing tourism, marketing and/or business
- A minimum of three (3) years' directly related experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and supervisory experience required
- Familiarity with Regional Tourism Organization 3 and various marketing tools
- Ability to act as a resource to key target sales and marketing initiatives
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential
- Possess a valid 'G' driver's license in good standing during the course of employment
SALARY RANGE: $85,798 to $107,247 per annum (based on 35 hour a week) plus benefits
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website a https://careers.brantford.ca/ and click on Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, October 24, 2019, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.