CORPORATION OF THE COUNTY OF WELLINGTON
Office of the Chief Administrative Officer Economic Development Division Requires a 10 Month Temporary Economic Development Officer
Under the supervision of the Director of Economic Development, the Economic Development Officer leads the implementation of economic development strategies that support local economic growth. The Officer supports partnerships to facilitate business investment, retention and attraction in Wellington County. Departmental initiatives include Ride Well rural transportation, talent attraction, attainable housing, the Community Improvement Programme, business enquires, business retention and expansion activities and the Taste Real Local Food programme. The Officer enjoys the variety involved in economic development, feels confident coordinating projects and working with a range of stakeholders.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Three year college diploma in economic development, business administration or related field.
- Minimum four years of experience or equivalent, preferably in economic/tourism/business development.
- Familiarity the rural municipal landscape and understanding of municipal economic development issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), email and internet.
- A valid driver’s licence (minimum G2 Class) and access to a reliable vehicle.
This position offers a benefit package and an hourly range of: $32.85 to $38.43 (2020 Non Union Compensation Grid).
Visit our website at: www.wellington.ca
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #014-20 by Friday, February 7 at 4:00 pm.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9. E: email@example.com or F: 519.837.8882. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.