TOWN OF WASAGA BEACH JOB POSTING
Economic Development Officer
(Permanent Full Time)
The Town of Wasaga Beach is seeking a creative and self-motivated individual to join our team in the role of Economic Development Officer.
General Responsibilities:To assist, encourage, promote business and undertake initiatives in partnership with local businesses, the Wasaga Beach Chamber of Commerce, Provincial agencies and developers to improve the economy and help entrepreneurs generate wealth. To develop relationships with local businesses and community groups to ensure they have a high level of confidence in dealing with their local government. To seek out and secure new business investment for the Town of Wasaga Beach particularly in the form of hotel, tourist, entertainment and tourist destination uses. To support the tourism industry through strategic marketing, product development, industry capacity building and visitor services. To develop policies and programs which promote and lead to the short term and long term economic development goals of the Town of Wasaga Beach.
- Post-secondary education in Economic Development, Marketing or related program and a minimum of five years relevant experience;
- Economic Development Certification considered an asset;
- Strong knowledge of economic or community development practices and techniques;
- Excellent leadership skills with an ability to communicate, both written and oral, effectively with all levels of staff, elected officials, the business community and general public;
- Excellent analytical, presentation, conflict resolution and project/time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and able to work independently and as part of a team and under pressure;
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and databases;
- Ability to work a variety of shifts during the day, evening, weekend and statutory holidays;
- Ability to provide an acceptable, current criminal records check;
- Valid class G Ontario drivers’ license with an acceptable abstract.
Hourly Range (40 hours per week): $38.27-$44.77
Interested applicants are invited to apply outlining their qualifications and experience to: Human Resources, 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach, ON, L9Z 1A1. Fax: 705-429-6732 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org until 4:30 p.m. on June 26, 2020.
The Town of Wasaga Beach is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process, upon request. Please advise the Town of Wasaga Beach Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants who apply for this position, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, Chapter 25, as amended, and will be used for the purpose of