The partnering communities of the R.M. of Estevan No. 5, R.M. of Coalfields No. 4 and the Town of Bienfait are seeking an experienced economic development professional to offer both leadership and expertise in developing and implementing economic development strategies within the region. An action and results oriented individual is needed to support activities which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Create and implement new economic development opportunities for the region.
- Undertaking business and project feasibility analysis and business planning.
- Liaise with government agencies, not-for-profits, community associations, and local/regional stakeholders to help coordinate, initiate and develop and/or manage complex projects.
- Prepare and manage funding proposals on behalf of the region.
- Developing/directing marketing and communication for the region including a regional economic prospectus and supporting documents.
The community is facing potential industry impacts related to the closure of the Boundary Dam and Shand Power Stations and Westmoreland Coal Mine.
The Regional Economic Development Director is responsible for facilitating and promoting economic development. This includes the following:
- Develop and implement of a regional economic plan.
- Facilitate additional planning as required.
- Establish and support the regional leadership team.
- Develop a regional economic prospectus and supporting documents.
- Develop/direct marketing and communication for the region.
- Research and provide recommendations on existing/new economic development opportunities.
- Evaluate results of economic development studies and agreements and makes recommendations.
- Takes minutes at meetings and maintains economic development committee files and reports.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying and fostering community economic development opportunities.
- Acts as a liaison between local organizations, businesses and individuals and representatives of councils and administrations.
- Facilitates partnerships within and outside the region to develop and promote opportunities.
- Act as a resource and guidepost for local community based staff/volunteers.
- Conduct additional surveys and research on market opportunities.
- Identifies capital development program opportunities.
- Represents the partners at regional, territorial and national meetings and conferences on economic development.
- Promotes the region through media relations and liaises between the partner councils and the media.
- Ensures all applicable and pertinent statutes are adhered to.
- Stays abreast of changes to pertinent statutes and related regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Champion for positive change, with proven influencing skills.
- Post-secondary credentials in a related field an asset.
- Related experience within municipal government or economic development environment.
- Business development and market analysis abilities.
- Investment attraction experience.
- Government Relations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including preparing and delivering presentations, letters and reports
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong facilitation, meeting management and marketing skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
- The successful candidate must have a reliable vehicle.
Annual contract fee will commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should forward their application, no later than 12:00 pm September 18, 2020 to:
- R.M. of Estevan No. 5
- #1, 322 – 4th Street, Estevan, SK S4A 0T8
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview.