The Corporation of the County of Huron’s
Economic Development Department
Full Time Economic Development Officer
The Economic Development Officer will foster business and economic growth in Huron County. This position requires a team player who is motivated, can build strong partnerships and is constantly pursuing opportunities for growth. Solid experience in development and working with multiple stakeholders at once in an outcome driven environment is preferred. This is a key position within the County Economic Development Department. A creative thinker with excellent problem solving skills will thrive in this position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Pursue business expansion, investment and other growth opportunities within County.
- Act as one stop shop for business community in Huron County on items related to development. Provide advice, support and assistance to businesses.
- Act as a liaison to guide potential investors through County development process.
- Dedication to learning about Huron County businesses and staying attuned to their needs.
- Develop strong relationships with Huron County business community, County stakeholder groups and other levels of government.
- Assist partner municipalities to achieve development goals as laid out in their strategic plans as requested.
- In conjunction with senior management, develop an annual work plan with clear measurements.
*Travel is required for this role.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- University Degree in a relevant program OR a combination of education and work experience
- Certificate or diploma in Economic Development
- Background in Economic Development or Business Development involving significant experience with and management of development efforts
- Knowledge of and interest in business development & good understanding of regional economic strengths
- Knowledge of and network to Government Programs
- Understanding of Planning role and function
- $40.01 – $44.84, Grade 10 of the 2020 Pay Grid, 35 hours per week.
Please forward your letter of application and resume by 4:30 pm on Sunday September 13, 2020 to: humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca
To be considered for this position, please ensure that:
- Email subject is “2020 – Economic Development Officer”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.