POSITION ID: 3917-001
CALL NO:20-2054 (CU[E 1329)
This job profile reflects the general requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the job. This does not include all of the work requirements of the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate through their application and in the interview process that their qualifications match those specified. The minimum threshold score for the interview is 75%.
Job Designation: Economic Development and Research Officer
Department: Economic Development
Salary Range: $74,914 - $91,355
Pay Grade: 11
This position reports to the Manager of Economic Development.
Marketing and Business Attraction
- Develop content and maintain the Invest Oakville website in adherence with accessibility standards and Town policies
- Responsible for department social media including LinkedIn and Twitter accounts
- Prepare marketing materials such as economic newsletters, sector brochures, videos and tradeshow materials
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns
- Maintain all public-facing data sources including Find Oakville real estate inventory, vacant land inventory, and Virtual Tour
- Prepare site selection proposals and respond to investment inquiries in conjunction with Senior Economic Development Officers
Research & Reporting
- Provide analysis and reporting on demographic, economic, building permit, investment and major construction data for internal use, investment inquiries, and reporting to Council
- Research major policy and program initiatives and participate in the development and implementation of the department’s economic development strategy
- Monitor and report on departmental key performance indicators
Project & Program Management
- Provide administration for the Digital Main Street Program
- Serve as the Film Liaison, responding to filming inquiries and coordinating permit approvals with other departments
- Supervise summer student(s)
Internal and External Communications
- Liaise with realtors and developers to gather information on available properties
- Respond to information requests from the public and provide related follow-up
- Prepare reports and presentations for departmental use, Council and other stakeholders
Grant & Award Submissions
- Research, prepare and coordinate submissions for provincial and federal funding in order to leverage departmental budget
- Prepare award submissions for marketing and economic development initiatives such as the EDCO, EDAC and IEDC award programs
Applicants should have a university degree in Business, Economics, or Urban & Regional Planning and at least three years of relevant work experience in an economic development position. Candidates must have good technical computer skills and be familiar with database management, GIS, and Microsoft applications. Analytical, statistical, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Applicants must be self-starters with the ability to work independently in a team setting; take the lead on project management for select projects; and be able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on October 23, 2020.