THE CORPORATION OF THECOUNTY OF WELLINGTON
Museum and Archives Department
Economic Development Division
12 Month Temporary
Senior Economic Development Officer
Reporting to the Director of Economic Development, the primary role of the Senior Economic Development Officer is to facilitate the growth of the local economy and promote Wellington as a place to invest, work and live. This position manages local market information, provides business support services and economic development project implementation for the County. The Senior Economic Development Officer oversees economic development initiatives to achieve the objectives outlined by the Economic Development Strategy and guided by the Economic Development Committee of Council.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Four year university degree in Economic Development, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience or equivalent in economic development, tourism or related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, statistics software beneficial.
- A valid driver’s licence (minimum G2 Class) and access to a reliable vehicle.
This position offers a benefit package and a salary range of: $65,538.20 to $76,640.20 (2020 Non Union Compensation Grid), based on a 35 hour work week.
Visit our website at: www.wellington.ca
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #129-20 by Friday, December 18 at 4:00 pm.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9. E: firstname.lastname@example.org or F: 519.837.8882. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.