The County of Dufferin is an upper tier municipality which sits on the fringe of the Greater Toronto Area, about 100 km northwest of Toronto. It is largely a rural county with three urban settlement areas. The region is well known for its rivers, rolling hills and excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. The UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, the Niagara Escarpment and the world famous Bruce Trail, run through Dufferin offering spectacular vistas and hiking opportunities. Home to over 61,000 residents the area boasts fabulous restaurants, shopping and amenities. We are currently recruiting for a:
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
JOB ID: C48-20
LOCATION: Remote, & Edelbrock Centre
JOB TYPE: Permanent Full Time (Non Union)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: January 1, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Reporting to the Economic Development Manager, the Economic Development Coordinator is responsible for managing and growing the inDufferin and Tourism inDufferin social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook) through the creation of captivating content and use of new and ever-changing social media tools.
What you'll do
- Manage the Join in Dufferin website through the creation of new projects;
- Create branded marketing materials for economic development and tourism initiatives;
Promote Economic Development and tourism programming through a branded booth at several community events, including co-ordination of the public registration process and the setting up/tearing down of the booth;
Assist in the scheduling and promotion of events, including but not limited to: event registration, marketing content creation and distribution;
- Manage public feedback and respond promptly to public comments and inquiries received;
- Assist with data collection and analysis for economic development and tourism initiatives such as the County’s business retention and expansion projects;
- Provide support and assistance to the Economic Development Manager and Tourism Manager, and perform other related tasks as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, economic development, tourism or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years’ of office administrative and customer service experience required;
- Assets for the position include courses in economic development, design, photography, and/or marketing, previous experience in a public sector environment, and/or ability to use photo/video editing software;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster internal and external relationships;
- Experience with preparing content for social media and websites;
- Intermediate knowledge of Canva or equivalent design programs;
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation skills;
- A valid “G” Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
What we can offer YOU!
- A competitive hourly wage ranging between $35.28 – $41.27;
- Comprehensive health benefits and enrollment in a defined benefit pension plan;
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program;
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
Ready to apply?
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter before the closing date and time to: email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, we seek to attract, develop, and retain highly talented employees with diverse identities and backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We are committed to creating a workplace that is inclusive for all.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will receive a response. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection and will not be used for any other reason. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.