The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong.
As a rising tourism star, Lincoln is home to many award-winning artisanal beverage producers, abundant agritourism assets, creative arts, and rich culinary establishments, all situated within a spectacular natural setting that is the Niagara Escarpment and the Lake Ontario shoreline. As part of the Niagara Region and its well-established tourism sector, Lincoln’s tourism assets are becoming more well known with increased visitors from both the Greater Toronto-Hamilton Area, as well as international visitors. Lincoln is a prime destination for artisanal beverages, locally grown artisanal food, cultural heritage and outdoor activities, as well as a burgeoning events and festivals calendar.
Reporting to the Economic Development Officer and working closely with, and providing support to, our Destination Marketing Organization, the Tourism Coordinator is responsible for the planning, organization, development, publicity, and evaluation of tourism programs within the municipality. The individual will also perform administrative tasks and assist with website, marketing and other public relation functions. The Tourism Coordinator will respond to inquiries from the public including potential visitors and new businesses and issue media releases regarding tourism programs. This position acts as a liaison between businesses, boards and all levels of government. A new role for the Town of Lincoln, the successful candidate will have the ability to be a part of building a tourism program for the community that builds off the wonderful tourism assets we have in the community.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to develop strategies that will enhance Lincoln’s tourism image by being active and visible in the community working closely with our local tourism assets and other local and regional tourism organizations – this will include, but is not limited to, marketing and communication on behalf of the municipality to increase tourism traffic and amplify our destination.
Lastly, the role will also include economic development responsibilities as it pertains to the attraction and retention of tourism related companies. Knowledge of economic development principles will be a strong asset for this role.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in tourism, hospitality, economic development or related discipline;
- Minimum five to seven (5-7) years of relevant work experience, ideally in a municipal setting or destination marketing organization;
- Excellent communication, marketing and customer service skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Demonstrated success with community engagement, tourism and economic development initiatives;
- Strong organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of MS Office, website design, and social media platforms;
- Ability and comfort with public speaking, presentation skills, and stakeholder relations principles;
- High level strategic thinking and planning and the ability to envision and convey the Town’s strategic tourism vision for the future to community stakeholders and regional/provincial partners;
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license;
- Flexible hours as this role will include evening and weekend work, as required;
- Progressive record of accomplishment over the course of your career;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and a positive attitude.
This position offers a dynamic and progressive workplace with opportunity for growth and development. The salary range for this permanent-full time position (based on a 35-hour work week) is $63,000 - $71,000.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by 4:30 PM on Friday June 19, 2020 to:
- Online: https://lincoln.ca/career-application-form
- Email: email@example.com noting the position in the subject line
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.