IEDC - Save the date! The 2019 Economic Development Week (EDW) is kicking off from May 6-11, 2019. Now in its fourth year, #EconDevWeek promotes awareness of local economic development programs that generate jobs, advance career development opportunities, and create vibrant communities. Since launching in 2016, Economic Development Week has buzz across the country, generating hundreds of news stories, blog entries, videos, and events around the world.
New to Economic Development Week?
Don't worry if you didn't participate last year - you'll be creating memories this year that will continue on after the festivities. Looking for ideas on how your community can celebrate? IEDC will be highlighting campaigns from across the economic development profession. Just follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Linkedin, and use the hashtag #EconDevWeek to tell us how your EDO is marking the occasion!
Lookout for the 2019 #EconDevWeek Toolkit
Keep an eye out for the IEDC's 2019 #EconDevWeek Toolkit in the New Year, and get an early start planning your campaign!
The toolkit includes resources that your EDO can build from such as:
- Special ways to engage your elected officials
- A press release template
- Electronic and print advertising templates
- City, county, and state resolutions templates
- Social media marketing sample promotional messaging
- Social media content matrix for easier message compilation and sharing
- Event ideas
- #EconDevWeek Excellence in Economic Development Week Awards details