King Township is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Economic Development Coordinator. With a population of approximately 26,000, King Township is a mostly rural community located 20 minutes north of Toronto in the Regional Municipality of York.
Reporting to the Economic Development Officer, this position is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating and administering the Community Improvement Plan Financial Incentive Grant Program for King City, Nobleton and Schomberg.
- Assisting the EDO with the implementation of the Economic Development Strategy and work plans.
- Providing support and assistance with all business attraction retention and expansion efforts including communication with existing and potential businesses and investors.
- Creating, authoring and editing website and social media content, communication for various campaigns and initiatives on a regular (daily/weekly) basis.
- Coordinating the promotion of tourism, hospitality and recreational experiences through the Experience King brand.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Post-secondary degree in Commerce, Business, Marketing, Communications, or Economic Development.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Certified Economic Developer (Ec.D) through Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC), or working towards designation.
- Above average knowledge of communications, print production, social media tools, web development and graphic design.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Valid class G driver’s licence and reliable access to a vehicle is required.
- 35-hour flexible work week; with evenings and weekends required.
Yearly wage range: $58, 949 - $71, 726 (2018 rate) plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by May 3, 2019 to:
2585 King Road
King City, Ontario
Please visit www.king.ca for full job description.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Personal information (PI) is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.0. 2001, c.25 and will be used to facilitate the hiring and recruitment process. Personal information (PI) will be protected in accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Questions about the collection of personal information (PI) should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 2585 King Road, King City, L7B 1A1 or (905) 833-5321
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Township of King will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Township Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your