Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us forward towards The Brampton 2040 Vision.
MANAGER, INVESTMENT ATTRACTION
(12 – MONTH CONTRACT)
POSTING NUMBER: 103525
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $114,294.00- $ 128,581.00
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $142,868.00
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Economic Development, the Manager, Investment Attraction, creates, implements and evolves market-focused strategies to attract new foreign direct investment to Brampton. This includes proactively identifying specific market opportunities, generating quality leads and providing superior client service. The Manager is responsible for building and nurturing positive and productive client relationships in order to maximize investment opportunities for companies in the city of Brampton.
The Manager, Investment Attraction will spearhead the development and implementation of a robust investment strategy for the City of Brampton to attract new business investment.
- Generate, implement and constantly evaluate strategies for designated markets to attract investment into Brampton;
- Develop targeted plans and tactics with a clear focus of attracting jobs by proactively generating leads and accelerating the conversion of leads to investments;
- Manages and develops relationships with key strategic partners including investment agencies and provincial and federal governments to drive investment opportunities to Brampton;
- Work with Sector Managers to support the retention and growth of existing Brampton businesses through the development of a robust investment attraction program and assist them in building the capability to generate leads and investments;
- Regularly generate marketing opportunities and participate in events and activities that will help raise Brampton’s profile globally as a major centre of growth for international business investors;
- Leverage research generated by the research team to develop recommendations and value propositions for clients;
- Leads a team of Economic Development and Culture staff members in planning, and implementing the Business Attraction strategy;
- Responsible for staff planning, recruiting, training and development, performance management and reviews;
- Manages the implementation of policies, procedures and standards;
- Continually evaluates activities to ensure appropriate allocation of resources and recommendations for improvement;
- Build positive and productive client relationships by providing consistent and superior client service;
- Build and sustain credible, long-term relationships with clients, industry associations, cluster and sector groups, public sector organizations, service providers and other stakeholders to enhance lead generation and client servicing;
- Manage client files within the organization’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system;
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING:
- In consultation with the Director/Senior Manager, coordinate, advise and provide guidance to senior leaders (Director, CAO, CLT, Mayor and Members of Council) to prioritize issues, research and coordinate supporting information and facilitate appropriate action to ensure success in achieving shared goals;
- Manage focused initiatives through collaboration with the Marketing groups to significantly enhance the City’s competitive advantages to industry leaders and senior executives of current/future investors;
- Lead, build, maintain and monitor a detailed record of sector assets, prospects and contacts;
- Smart growth by cultivating economic growth, stability and foreign investment;
- Support the Division in developing and administering the approved divisional budget in accordance with Corporate and Departmental objectives to achieve an efficient return on Division investment;
TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION:
- Manage focused cross corporation approaches by working with key internal partners like Planning, Transit and the Building department to ensure continuous improvement to sector investments
- Demonstrate corporate values at all times
- University degree in Economic Development, Business or Commerce
- 5-7 years experience in Business Development, Economic Development, or similar leadership role, preferably in the public sector
- Experience leading staff
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; public speaking experience
- Project management and budgeting experience
- Knowledge of GTA economic base and Brampton’s social, economic and business structures an asset
- Ability to interact with internal and external key stakeholders, community groups, government agencies, public and private sector organizations
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong diplomatic, facilitation, influencing, collaborative and consensus-building skills
- Expert knowledge of Municipal, Regional, Provincial and Federal Governments, applicable Legislations and awareness of current social, economic and political priorities
- Ability to prioritize highly complex tasks with critical deadlines
- Experience leading strategic change to meet organizational goals
- Highly-developed influential skills and innovative thinker
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office/SharePoint
- Flexible work hours are required, including evenings and weekends.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria
Job status: Contract
Job type: Non-union
Applications must be received by September 5, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon requests.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online quoting reference #103525 by September 5, 2019 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.