Commissioner†- St. Lawrence Corridor
Economic Development Commission
The St. Lawrence Corridor Development Commission is dedicated to advancing economic prosperity for the St. Lawrence Corridor in Eastern Ontario, its businesses, neighborhoods and residents. Our purposeful and intentional approach to regional economic development is designed to broaden the tax base, stimulate balanced growth, increase the availability of complementary commercial/industrial businesses, and develop a skilled workforce for our region's employers. Working with a wide variety of community partners, we work to build and sustain an economic culture that reflects values of innovation and sustainability.
The SLCEDC is responsible for growing and sustaining the local business environment with a focus on commercial and industrial sectors. The organization’s efforts are focused on attracting, retaining and growing businesses, encouraging and supporting entrepreneurial opportunities, and increasing economic access with global markets by fostering further investment and trade. These activities will be focused on attracting and retaining Industrial and Commercial prospects.
About Our Job
As the Commissioner, you will serve as an initial and primary contact for business, community partner, and other stakeholders' inquiries, with a special focus on your assigned industries. You will represent all business support programs typically applicable to attraction, expansion, and retention projects, and make suitable referrals to partner agencies and organizations. You will provide full lifecycle of support and technical assistance to business clients. This position will be responsible for identifying prospects within the defined target industries, executing on a calling program and coordinating with community stakeholders to assist new companies in locating to Eastern Ontario. Reporting to a Board of Directors, you will have budgetary responsibilities for the commission and performance accountabilities for incremental job growth along the St. Lawrence Corridor.
In this position you will:
● Develop relationships with businesses, industry associations, and other stakeholders inassigned targeted industries and geographical areas
● Perform routine and proactive business recruitment, expansion, and retention assignments
● Consult with management of business customers to identify and evaluate business needs/challenges and coordinates business support services needed from various resources and programs within and outside the division or department
● Advise on industry trends and labor market information and provide business solutions and next step recommendations
● Participate as a team member to develop complex business development projects and programs
● Work with SLCEDC board, management and staff to strategically administer projects and programs
● Collaborate to develop marketing materials and resources for business customers; research, develop and utilize marketing material to obtain/retain target industries in relation to OED services
● Prepare for supervisory reviews, and compile reports relating to business services provided, that contain findings, conclusions, and recommendations
● Execute a pro-active calling program to identify, quantify and attract new business to the St. Lawrence Corridor.
● Maintain and contribute to a Client Relationship Management system
● Collaborate with community and industry stakeholders to collectively bring new businesses to the St. Lawrence Corridor
● Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Our Ideal Candidate has:
● Five years of professional B2B sales in an industrial or commercial environment
● Knowledge of research and analytic techniques and principles and best practices of economic development
● Demonstrated high performance in a business to business sales environment.
● Ability to prepare written and graphic materials; to compose clear and concise reports; to prepare and make presentations; and to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with constituents, professional peers and elected officials
● Proven ability to produce above average results with a minimum level of supervision
● Experience in reporting to a Board of Directors
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and CRM systems.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have a following required minimum qualifications:
● Experience†Requirement: Three years of professional experience working in economic or workforce development, or a closely related field. Or Three years professional experience in B2B sales.
● Education Experience/Equivalency: A combination of the appropriate type and level of education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
About Everything Else
Hiring Range: $75,000 - $150,000
Pre-employment Screening : An offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and St. Lawrence Corridor Economic Development
Commission policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal check.
The St.Lawrence Corridor Economic Development Commission provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, and/or local law.
CV and Cover letter are to be sent to email@example.com, posting will close November 15th.