The Corporation of the Town of Cochrane, recognized as one of the top 50 small towns in Canada to visit in 2017 and the #1 in snowmobile trails in the world, is looking for a new Chief Administrative Officer/Economic Development to replace the current CAO, who is retiring.
If you are looking for a change of pace, the Town of Cochrane, a culturally diverse and vibrant community including a large francophone and aboriginal population, has the largest gold mine in North America nearby, two world class forestry mills poised for prosperity, and some of the leading green energy initiatives in the region. The Town of Cochrane is home to the Polar Bear Habitat and the Tim Horton Event Centre which boasts the Cochrane Crunch. Cochrane boasts a very diversified economy in mining, forestry, government, tourism and agriculture.
The ideal CAO candidate will champion accountable, responsive customer service, innovative and results based leadership to strengthen the Town’s operations by aligning vision and strategy with operational and financial excellence. You will focus on helping to establish and implement Municipal strategic long range directions and key infrastructure planning to achieve Council’s vision and priorities and provide business, policy and technical advice to Council. With a solid background in economic development you will provide the expertise and leadership to successfully implement proactive Economic Development strategies.
You bring successful executive management experience to achieving results through others, are an excellent communicator who is comfortable in the community, at the council table, working with our federal and provincial partners and interacting with all levels of staff and volunteers. You are a superb coach and mentor, drive strategic direction, build collaborative relationships, value partnerships, embrace new ideas and exemplify accountability.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Business/Public Administration, Economics, Planning or related discipline with applicable professional designation or a combination of related equivalent education, training and experience.
- Five (5) years Senior executive leadership experience running a multifaceted public sector organization and/or a business.
- AMCTO Professional Accreditation or CMO is considered an asset.
- Successful in implementing major community economic development project(s)
- Strong working knowledge of strategic planning, business planning, municipal finance, governance, human resource management and a proven consensus builder.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of working in a provincial and regional context(s) in which the Municipality functions.
- Understands the importance of intergovernmental relations and working effectively with diverse communities including the francophone and indigenous communities.
- Bilingualism would be an asset
Applications will be received until the position is filled. The selection process begins on June 20, 2019. To receive more information about Cochrane, please contact https://www.cochraneontario.com.
To get more information about this position or to submit your resume, please contact Evelyn Dean at www.edeanassociates.com or leave a message at 519-538-4391. We look forward to your inquiries. Please feel free to forward this opportunity to those that may be interested.