The Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) is seeking the completion of a Membership Analysis and Recruitment Strategy for the association. This completed document will serve as the launching point for the EDCO Membership Committee moving forward in 2020.
The EDCO Board of Directors approved the investment of a Membership Analysis and Recruitment Strategy to ensure continued strong membership numbers and sound strategy for recruitment. EDCO continues to enjoy strong membership numbers but recognizes that there is room for future growth. In order to identify opportunities an analysis of current membership to the identify of gaps from a geographic angle is required. Often needs vary from region to region, so strong strategies from a regional point of view should be identified.
Project Deliverables and Timelines
- Mapping of current EDCO membership.
- Analysis of current membership demographics.
- Complete list of Ontario municipalities vs. EDCO member municipalities.
- Analysis of non-municipal EDCO members with identified gap sectors.
- Development of Inventory of Existing Economic Development Departments/Organizations that are not EDCO members.
- Analysis of Competing Organizations.
- Development of Membership Recruitment Strategy with implementation plan and budget.
- Draft report to be delivered to EDCO by June 5, 2020 and final report by June 19, 2020
Additional Contractor Requirements
- Provide background and education of proposed team members, if applicable.
- Provide documented experience in similar projects – three sample project description my be submitted with the proposal.
- Demonstrate experience in working for similar organizations.
- The approved contractor must provide proof of minimum $2 million liability insurance policy, prior to commencing the project.
Total budget for this project is $5000.00 excluding applicable taxes.
Submission of Proposal
Please provide an electronic copy of your proposal in Word or PDF format to Heather Lalonde, Ec.D., Chief Executive Officer, Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposal is to be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than May 1, 2020 EST at 5:00 pm.
Conflict of Interest
The consultant will identify any perceived conflict of interest before the proposal is submitted to the Economic Developers Council of Ontario.
Ownership of Collateral Materials
Upon completion of project, all material collected and created will become the property of the Economic Developers Council of Ontario Inc.
EDCO has the right to terminate the contract after each year with written notice.
What is EDCO?
The Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) is Canada’s largest provincial economic development organization. Celebrating its 63rd year, EDCO has increased the capacity of those who practice economic, industrial, and community development through professional development initiatives, information exchanges among members and the promotion of the economic development profession. It has also been a catalyst for assisting in the development and promotion of Ontario and its municipalities.
The membership of EDCO is comprised of specialists from various disciplines. Each contributes his or her expertise to the complex job of economic development.
The Council consists of:
- Municipal, business and economic development professionals
- Municipal, regional, provincial and federal government officials
- Land developers
- Educators and technology assistance developers and facilitators
- Industrial and commercial realtors
- Tourism industry representatives
- Industrial/commercial/tourism development specialists from banks, public utilities and transportation companies
EDCO enjoys a close working relationship with the provincial and federal governments as well as links with other professional associations.
For further information, visit the EDCO website at www.edco.on.ca
Please see a PDF version of this request here.